• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To those who have experienced labour before - How long were you 'pushing'??

An hour & 20 mins with DS. When I hit the hour limit, they started talking about cutting me & was like 'nooooooo, I'll do it' :haha: They let me keep going cos DS was still happy in there going by his heart rate. No wonder I found it tough though. He was over 9lb & came out with his hand squished up on his cheek :dohh:

25 minutes with my 1st, he was 8lb 4oz and 8 minutes with my 2nd. He was 9lb :)

I pushed for 10 minutes with my first and she shot out all at once. I had a little tear that took some stitches, but thats cause she barely crowned. No time for stretching lol I also drank rlt for about 6 weeks with her. I am taking it again now so hopefully I wont push for long this time either. I have friends though that pushed for up to 3 hours. I think for a first baby 1-2 hours is normal.

1st - 7 mins, 2nd - 56 mins (he was back of back), 3rd - 3 mins, 4th - 5 mins, 5th - 5 mins, 6th - 3 mins, 7th - 25 mins, never had any tears or needed stitches x

25 minutes with my DD. I had also had an epidural but could still feel the pressure of pushing, she was 7lb 10oz x

5 minutes with both of mine. My first shot out all at one in one push and the midwife barely caught him so I tore a little at his fast exit.
My second the midwife made me stop pushing to get the cord off his neck, so he was a 2 pusher because of that. I tore with him because the bugger decided to have his hand up by his face. <- (Guess which one was the thumb sucker?)

My book says 45 minutes. If I didn't read that I would have answered 10 minutes because that's all it felt like!

I had an 18 hour induced labour with 2 hours pushing but DD was back to back.

10mins, 8mins, 15mins, 1 push and 2-3mins... it varies there is no set formula that will give you an exact answer.

Just over 2 hours. The docs were outside the delivery room waiting to come in and perform an episiotomy once I hit two hours. When the midwife told me that I managed to get her out within a few minutes! Was the best incentive ever to push as hard as I could! I did NOT want to be cut!

However once DD arrived the midwife realised she was back to back which is probably why things took so long!

Around 30 minutes but it felt much quicker than that

Probably close to 2 hours they were going to give me forceps and episiotomy if I didbt get her out there and then!

Just over 2 hours. The docs were outside the delivery room waiting to come in and perform an episiotomy once I hit two hours. When the midwife told me that I managed to get her out within a few minutes! Was the best incentive ever to push as hard as I could! I did NOT want to be cut!

However once DD arrived the midwife realised she was back to back which is probably why things took so long!

Exactly the same as me!
My only fear of labour is getting cut. She was out in ten minutes after I saw that knife!

3 hours. Home water birth. He also came with his hands up over his face. So with that and the water taking some of the gravity off that's why. No tearing though! And no trouble or pain peeing or pooping after :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->