To try or not to try? :!

A

alouise

I had a missed miscarriage in February. I had to have a D&C March 2nd...Since then I've had 2 periods, I'm currently in my second cycle. I ovulate today or tomorrow. Should I try this cycle? Or wait until after my progesterone level blood test, FSH and thyroid test. :shrug:

You don't say what the tests are for but, assuming there's no major reason to wait, I reckon you should trust your instincts and if you feel ready too try just go for it!
Good luck xx

Ultimately its up to you. I was told not to try just in case the tests came back positive and couldn't be tested or treated if pg. My thyroid test came back positive and im glad i waited cause i need to be on medication for life and would have most likely mc again just due to the underactive thyroid. (baby's thyroid doesn't start working till 12 weeks so if i had levels too low for me, baby got nothing!)

I can understand it can be a bummer if you wait all that time and tests all come back negative and you'd feel you've waisted all that time. But only you can decide what's best for you. If you feel you can take the risk and deal with any outcome then go ahead - i wouldn't hold it against you if you did, as i can very much understand.

I will also add i was very lucky that from mc to getting the all clear only took 4 months so i didn't feel it was too long a wait.

All the best, hun!

Omi xxx

If u feel u r ready to try again then go for it ;-) 2 full cycles is fine after a mmc according to a lot of stuff i read. I hope u get that bfp asap xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->