To try or not?? very confused.. time is ticking..

2011Maybebaby

Reaction score
As the title says I am very confused. I am 41 and have two boys - ages 3.5 years and 1 year 8 months. I wish I felt 'done' but I don't. One day I'm thinking yes I would definitely love a baby and the next the negatives of having a 3rd come out in full force. For one thing, my age is against me. I need to decide quickly. Another thing is financially we are struggling a bit. My husband earns good money and I am a stay at home mam but it is tough at times. Would a 3rd child push it too far? Saying that we have all of the big things, cots, buggy etc. Sleepless nights? do I want to start that again? It's like I'm on a see saw.. My head is telling me no.. my heart is telling me yes. any advice girls??

I know the feeling. I have given myself a deadline of the end of this month to decide. That's because any later than that and we would feel like the age gap would be too great for us. I do feel a bit like it's the last chance saloon and I'm not entirely sure that a 4th would be a good idea, but if we don't make a u-turn in the next 4 weeks it's not going to happen. It's so conflicting at times.

This is something I'm worried about feeling. I'm hoping after 3 I feel 'done'.

One question to ask is do you want another child or just another baby? My latest are only 6 months old and already I'm missing that pregnancy / newborn baby phase. However I know that as much as I would love another squishy baby I don't want another child long term if that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->