To vaccinate now or early?

Night Flower

Reaction score
My baby is two months old soon and she will be having her two month old vaccinations.

I want to wait until she is 4-6 months old beforr vaccinating her. I just worry about her fussiness and breastfeeding.

Any opinions?

What is your reason for wanting to delay? My lo had his and was unsettled that evening then fine after that. I'd rather deal with the fussiness and know he's protected than him potentially being very ill.

Sorry how do you mean fussiness and BF? I know there's lots of ladies who delay vaccinating for various reasons on here I'm sure they will have more info, but I've had no problem with my 2 BF boys and vaccinations, both were fine but if they did get a bit tetchy the best thing about BF is you've got the magical cure for any mood lol.

My little one has been fussy lately, sometimes colicky. I dont want to even think how she will be when she gets 6 shots all at once.

When did you all get your baby's vaccinations?

Oh and I see there is a title error. Its suppose to be "or later".

And by later, I mean in 2-4 months when she is out of this newborn stage.

We had ours on schedule at 8, 12 and 16 weeks. I wouldn't delay just because of the fear of fussiness, my boys were fine and even if they do get a bit unwell it's usually only for a few hours after the injections themselves, I couldn't justifying delaying important vaccinations for that reason alone.

I would get them on time since a lot of what is vaccinated against is most dangerous for newborns/young babies. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to delay the first or second round of vaccinations for that reason.

My LO was constantly fussy for the first six months of her life and the vaccinations didn't have much effect (actually they almost gave me kind of a break because she was sleepy afterwards), but nursing-wise there was absolutely no change.

I didn't notice any change in fussiness, so it wouldn't be worth delaying for that. My lo did have a looooong sleep after his injections though.

My baby has had his first two sets so far. (Annoyingly each have been late by a week or two, but that's because our surgery doesn't run enough vaccination clinics!)

He was really upset after the first lot, but it was a relief to be able to just curl up and bf all afternoon, which really helped to settle him. He was fine after the second lot.

I'm not sure that they automatically become less fussy when they turn 4 months (my first baby certainly didn't!) I personally wouldn't use that as a reason to delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->