• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To wean or Not to wean???..

tattlebaby

Reaction score
First off..Thank You so much for reading..hope someone on here can help me out.

I'll be going back to work full-time soon and can't possibly continue breast pumping at work. LO is now 16 months old and is intaking a lot more solids and is def. drinking a lot less breast milk then before, from the bottle and from the breast. My plan is to continue breastfeeding her until her 2nd bday, atleast mornings/evenings and weekends when I don't work. I'm not sure how this will all play out though. How will my body adjust? How about hers?...Or will I have to continue pumping at work everyday in order to make it to her 2nd bday? Also, If I ONLY continue to breastfeed mornings and evenings and weekends, is it still necessary to introduce cows milk????? Because I don't know if this would be enough milk on a daily basis. Although like I said before, she is eating a lot more now. I'm not even sure how much milk a 16 month old should be drinking anyway.

I am not working right now, but from other groups i'm in, i know many women only nurse mornings and evenings after their kids hit one. Many don't introduce cow's milk, but some offer something like almond milk. Just make sure your LO is getting calcium, vit. D, etc from other sources.

Your supply should self regulate. I work part time but that has had no effect either time on them breastfeeding in that I breastfed before work and in the evening and both of them were fine.

I introduced cows milk as a drink as an alternative to water and that had no effect either and that had no effect on feeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->