to women with 1+ MC/MMC and also healthy babies

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
could you tell the difference between the healthy and unhealthy pregnancy at the early stages?

I had a MMC in december '10 and I am pregnant again but I am convinced it is not growing properly. I am almost 6w and I have no symptoms whatsover. I understand that lots of women do not get symptoms until later on, but, although very mild, I did have some (sore/swollen nipples) a week ago and now they are totally gone. Surely something must be wrong? Exactly the same happened to me with my previous MMC. I haven't had a healthy pregancy so I have nothing to compare it with.

Could you tell there was something wrong/different? I really do not feel pregnant. I've heard lots of people saying that every pregnancy is different and not to compare it, but still.
I am not looking for reassurance, I just want to be realistic so it is easier to take.....

Sorry for the long-ish post. hope you can help :kiss:

Hi Kosh

I'm sorry for your loss.

I have had two mc - with both a had some symptoms but randomly, i knew something was wrong both times as my hair started falling out again. HCG stops you naturally losing hair when you're pregnant in SOME women -- hence the thick glossy locks you get. With both of my mc, the day after the baby died, my hair started coming out by the handful.

With my healthy pregnancy, i had no real symptoms until 6 weeks plus. Try not to worry - i know its so difficult but whatever happens, you have no control over it any how.

Could you get an early scan? My gp will happily refer me due to my history. If not, maybe ring your local early pregnancy unit and ask if you could have a reassurance scan?

Lots of love xxxx

I have had a mmc at 10-4 weeks. I had every symptom( sore boobs, m/sickness, constipation, tiredness) and everything felt fine. Yet my friend who is pregnant same time was fine didnt have any symptoms at all. I agree about going for an early scan, hopefully it will put your mind at rest. Good luck x

I had a mmc at 13 weeks, a healthy 2.5year old son, and am currently 20 weeks pregnant. I was COMPLETELY convinced that both this and my son's pregnancy were not progressing right, as I had no early sypmptoms. This time, I didn't even have to go to the bathroom hardly at all until about nine weeks! And I spotted red from 4 weeks to 9 weeks! And all is perfectly fine so far! And with my son, I was convinced my symptoms totally went away at six weeks. Even had an ultrasound when I should have been seven weeks and there was just a fetal pole/sac, yet a week later there was a perfectly growing little bean.

hi,
i am sorry for you loss.
with my 1st 2 pregnancies i had not pregnancy symptoms at all until about 16 weeks and have 2 healthy children. with my 3rd i had almost every symptom imaginable and miscarried at 8 weeks. Its always going to be at the back of your mind that something could be wrong,if you can contact your doctor or midwife to see if they can get youin for a scan. Fingers crossed that everything goes well for you.xxx.

many thanks for your answers :flower:

as i said, i could understand the lack of symptoms but what really worries me is the fact that i did have sore/swollen nipples and now they are totally back to normal, as if something stopped.
did any of you have symptoms going away with your healthy pregnancies?

twinkle - i had no idea about the hair thing, but funnily enough i did notice a couple of weeks ago that mine was not falling out as much! i haven't payed attention since.

i'm seeing the doc today and i know he will be happy to refer me, so luckily i will know one way or the other soon.

thanks again

i know what you mean kosh. i had mmc in dec09 and 2 chemicals more recently. i've managed to get past the chemical stage this time but am terrified it won't progress. i've got sore,heavy boobs and thats about it apart from the on and of twinges. i don't even feel particularly tired. i'm just trying so hard not to think about it and will get an early scan. i'm really trying to hold out until 8 weeks for that tho. :hugs:

hi truly, i remember you from the 35+ section :hugs:
to be honest, i'd be relieved if i had sore boobs again even if that was the only symptom!
why are you waiting until 8w? i'm seeing the doctor today and i am not too sure what to ask for. ideally i think i'd prefer to wait a couple of weeks for the scan but to have HGC done in the meantime to see if it is progressing.

hi kosh :hugs: i've been doing ics every day and they are almost as dark as they can go plus a cb digi with conception indicator once a week. first one said 1-2 weeks, second on friday said 2-3 weeks so going to do another at weekend which should hopefully say 3+. i'll book the gp for next week then but they don't take bloods, they leave it until the midwife app. i suppose i'm just being cautious and not wanting to book things too soon just in case. i'm leaving scan until 8 weeks cos the last thing i want to do is go earlier and not see a heartbeat if my dates i out. not sure i could go through waiting for another scan. i figured by 8 weeks everything should be progressing nicely.

that makes sense.
i think i'll beg my gp to do my bloods, i'm far too stressed atm :nope:

awww.... i totally understand... i am experiencing the same thing... i had a missed m/c last year and i lost the symptoms before hand too.... and now i am alomost nine months and the symptoms are gone again...i have a apt at 4...the only thing that is diff from my last pregnancy is i have had no spotting....

good luck in your appt arrielle :hugs:
i just came back from mine. tbh, the doc did not sound very optimistic, he said maybe i was being wise and was recognising the m/c symptoms, but that we still did not know and had to wait, and that everything might still be ok. he saw me so stressed he agreed in doing my bloods.

let me know how yours went.
keep FXed for you!

I couldn't tell the difference between my m/c and healthy pregnancies at all, if that's any help...I found the symptoms in the early weeks came and went totally randomly with this current (healthy) pregnancy - didn't feel sick at all until something like 8 weeks and only had weird things like diarrhea (tmi) and feeling tearful in very beginning. Sore boobs came and went for no apparent reason also... I really hope this is it for you this time - I really do think disappearing symptoms doesn't necessarily equal anything being wrong though xxx

thanks maybethisisit, i really hope you are right.
funnily enough i too had really bad (tmi) diarrhea and was extremely tearful. but did you at any point had no symptoms whatsoever?
in a strange way i am bit calmer now that i've seen the doc.
thanks again

thanks maybethisisit, i really hope you are right.
funnily enough i too had really bad (tmi) diarrhea and was extremely tearful. but did you at any point had no symptoms whatsoever?
in a strange way i am bit calmer now that i've seen the doc.
thanks again

Yeah I did, the boob symptoms were the only thing I can remember around 6 weeks and they suddenly vanished for a couple of days leaving me totally paranoid, but when I posted about this a whole load of people responded saying they'd had symptoms disappear and come back again totally randomly, which made me feel a lot better. It's so hard in the early stages, I know, when there's no way to know for sure what's going on, but I think the runs and tearfulness at the start are a good sign! Mine lasted for a few days after the bfp so stopped around 5 weeks (I am 40 too btw) xx

yes, i too read about people mentioning symptoms vanishing for a couple of days. however, my sore boobs left me almost a week ago :nope:
after that i had what i thought was the beginning of morning sickness, but it turned out to be a stomach bug! anyway, as you said, at this stage is just a guess, so i'll have to wait.

congratulations on your pregnancy! :flower:

yes, i too read about people mentioning symptoms vanishing for a couple of days. however, my sore boobs left me almost a week ago :nope:
after that i had what i thought was the beginning of morning sickness, but it turned out to be a stomach bug! anyway, as you said, at this stage is just a guess, so i'll have to wait.

congratulations on your pregnancy! :flower:

Thanks, hope you get some good results soon - I honestly do think symptoms are a rubbish indicator - I was so sure I was pregnant from 2ww symptoms so many times and never was, and there's always loads of threads in 1st tri from people who are healthily pregnant but with no symptoms. Keeping fingers crossed for you xx

thanks so much :hugs:
will let you know

Hi Kosh

I have had 5 pregnancies and have 2 healthy children. I do believe the differences in mine were symptom related (i believe my hormone levels were to blame for the miscarriages although this hasn't be proven), my first two pregnancies i had symptoms early on and they persisted until 12 to 14 weeks and resulted in my son and daughter being born full term, the next two ended very early so it is hard to say, but my last pregnancy recently ended in a missed misscarriage at 12 weeks. I started with all the symptoms, feeling sick, excessively tired, bbs hurt so much i could hardly bare to take my bra off for a shower, then suddenly it all started to go away, i had my hormone levels checked and they were dropping but i was told that everyone is different and that they start to drop off at different stages, i even had two scans, one at 8 weeks and one at 9 weeks and saw a strong heartbeat both times. At 11 weeks i started bleeding a little and still had very few symptoms and went to the docs and they said everything seemed normal, because we had seen heartbeat twice no one seemed that worried, so i just waited for my 12 week scan the following week. It was at this scan that they told us they could see the baby but it didn't have a heartbeat, apparently it only made it to about 10 weeks, i had a D&C done two days later.

Make sure you get your bloods done every few days to check to see whether they are dropping or not, i should have continued to have mine monitored but I let the doctor convince me it was all ok and it wasn't. Trust your instincts, if your worried something is wrong make sure someone listens to you. Having 1 or more misscarriages is heartbreaking but having a pregnancy continue on past 12 weeks under flase hopes only to loose it is even more devestating.:cry:

Good luck to you i really hope this turns out well for you :hugs: please let usknow how you are getting on.

Many thanks Ozziemum. I am sorry about your losses.:hugs:

Luckily my GP agreed to do my bloods and will refer me for an early scan next week. Can I ask you - you say that two of your pregnancies ended very early so it is hard to tell, how early was that? I am only 5+ weeks now and was 6+weeks in my previous one, but I still think/feel there was a clear change in my symptoms in both cases.

I will get my first HCG results tomorrow. I feel a bit numb at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->