to women with 1+ MC/MMC and also healthy babies

Hi Kosh

I really hope everything is ok with you and your teeny one x

I had a MMC at 12 weeks after TTC for 6 years, then a healthy baby boy born a year or so after the MMC. Then nearly a year ago I had another MMC picked up at 12 weeks. I'm really not sure whether I could tell for certain that things had gone wrong. I panciked on a daily basis with all 3 pregnancies about loss of symptoms etc. The only real sign for me was that pg tests began to go negative at around the time the babies died. I took the tests for reassurance!

With my son, I didn't relax and believe I was really having a baby until he was in my arms.

All the advice I can give is to try to relax and enjoy every second and every day that your baby is with you. Whether that's a few short weeks in your belly, or 9 months and then a healthy baby in your arms, every single moment is precious. Treasure it if you can. Easier said than done I know, but I spent so much time worrying that I now regret.

Bunny xxx

Hi, I am glad your doc has agreed to do bloods, I honestly think they should be standard in the first few weeks.
I have an almost 3 yr old- had very little symptoms with him and didn't know I was pregnant until a out 6 weeks.
I then had a mmc at 12+1 weeks feb 2011, I had lots of symptoms with that pregnancy but it was a partial molar pregnancy which cannot survive and means high levels if hcg- therefore lots is symptoms!

I do believe from doing a stupid amount of research that symptoms can come and go and are different for every woman and every pregnancy. I wish you the best if luck with your bloods and scan.xxx

thanks for your replies :flower:

bunny - i really wish i could relax and enjoy it, but as you, i have panicked since day one, and now my worst fears seem to be coming true (at least in my head!). i find it extremely difficult to handle it. one minute i seem more positive and think that it might still be ok and get my hopes up, the next one i tell myself to be realistic and accept that it will probably be over soon. :cry:

cornish - i too believe symptoms vary a lot and are diff for every woman and pregnancy, yet my doctor did not sound very optimistic when i told him about mine (or lack of). in his own words: "maybe i'm being wise and recognising the symtoms of a MMC" (i know it sounds hard, but he did not say it in a bad way)

as i was saying to my DH yesterday, i hope my instinct is wrong, and he can make fun of me for the rest of our lives!

Hi Kosh

Really glad your doc is doing all the tests and stuff for you, everythings crossed for you x

You asked about the early losses, with the first i was 6 weeks, i had most of the symptoms, weeing frequently, feeling really tired etc and then one evening i noticed blood when i wiped before going to bed, but it was light so i prayed it would be ok but i had a miscarriage the next day and i don't think i even had the chance to notice if my symptoms were going away or not, the second one was only a few months after and i was 5 weeks, and hadn't really had any symptoms except slightly enlarged bbs, i just started bleeding one day and didn't stop for weeks.

I think maybe 6 weeks is still pretty early for all the symptoms (remembering that some people get hardly anything at all) and maybe they fluctuate while your hormones are still climbing but i can totally understand your stress if you feel like your bbs were sore and now they seem back to normal.

Keep us updated, were all praying for you xx

just wondering if any news? xx

aww, thanks so much for asking!:hugs:
called the doc but the results are not back yet.
for some reason i feel less negative today. it might be a good sign or i might just be in denial, but at least i am more relaxed

you prob feel less negative knowing you've done all you can now to reassure yourself. you can't do anymore than you have. :hugs: whatever it is keep those thought away.

I had a miscarriage in 2008, and yes there were differences. I lost the baby at around 9 weeks gestation.

I had such sore boobs with that pregnancy, to the point of screaming if they got pressed against anything.

I had a strange taste in my mouth for weeks.

I felt very energetic.

With my successful pregnancy (yay!), I had vaguely sore breasts, and extreme fatigue, also morning sickness at 5 weeks.

I had another miscarriage this year and had zero symptoms that I was pregnant, I only tested as I was going onto birth control and wanted to make sure I wasn't pregnant first.

The baby never developed past the size of a 5 week old and I started miscarrying around 8 weeks along.

kosh, did you get the results?

thanks for asking leylak, yes, my doc just called to give the results, and i'm even more confused now...they were 41,400??!!
it seems to be within the normal range but deff on the high side, shouldn't have lots of symptoms? mind you, i started to be feel very very tired yesterday.
i'm like :happydance: but also :shrug:

With my daughter who is now 4, i had not one pregnancy sypmtom no sickness no sore boobs no smells bothered me or anything i remember when i went for my twelve week scan i was convinced there wasnt going to be a baby in there and all the tests had been wrong but there she was my perfect little baby. The whole of my pregnancy was wonderful i didnt have one bad, no back ache or anything. With my 3 chemical pregnacies i had every symptom going i even got asked if i was pregnant as i looked so rough so please dont worry about having to symptoms, everyone is so different. x

kosh, did you get the results?

thanks for asking leylak, yes, my doc just called to give the results, and i'm even more confused now...they were 41,400??!!
it seems to be within the normal range but deff on the high side, shouldn't have lots of symptoms? mind you, i started to be feel very very tired yesterday.
i'm like :happydance: but also :shrug:

YAY!! :happydance: :happydance: Well I read a few people with twins (so high hcg levels) who didn't have any more symptoms than with singleton pregnancies so I don't think it necessarily means you get more symptoms. Congratulations :flower: xxx

ps just found this as normal range for 6 weeks pregnant: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml - so you're well within the normal range! Wahay xx

ps just found this as normal range for 6 weeks pregnant: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml - so you're well within the normal range! Wahay xx

yes, i found that too, thanks! :flower:

now, just because it's at the higher end, i'm wondering it it could be twins..??

yes, i found that too, thanks! :flower:

now, just because it's at the higher end, i'm wondering it it could be twins..??

Lol well you never know! Got to be a very good healthy sign anyway! :)

thanks!

went to the doc today again and he refused ot do a second hCG! :growlmad:
but referred me for an early scan next week, so we'll see

i've been feeling more tired recently and with the occasional wave of nausea, but that's all. all this is sooo confusing.
but at least i fell much more positive! :happydance:

you'll be fine, just enjoy it now. i'm driving my df mad by saying 'if everything is ok by sucg a date then we'll plan x'. he just keeps saying it will all be ok. i think i need to take my own advice.

thanks truly!
hope you're doing ok:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back