Today I am a good mum because...

victoriav

Reaction score

I Have decided, having Pnd and a difficult birth and just having a rubbish time doubting myself that I am going to try and say one positive thing about my mothering each day. Feel free to join in.

Today I have been a good mum because I looked into my daughters eyes and went through all the bits of her body I made and why I loved each part.

That is so fabulous hon. Have you had the PND diagnosed?

What a great thread!! Today I am a good mum because... I BF LO with a bleeding nipple

(by which I mean its good that I fed despite the pain rather than its good that my nipple was bleeding!!)

Well done you! What a brilliant thing to do! (In a completly respectful and non patronising way!)
I am a good mum today as I didn't freak when you did the biggest poop that leaked out of your nappy instantly in the middle of Marks and Spencers cafe!!! And I might have bought you one or two items from the Disney Store!!!

Today I am a good mummy because I let you get me up every hour of the night and then up for the day at 4.45am. I used my time productively and wrapped some xmas presents and wrote cards (sad, I know).

When your nappy exploded, I shrugged it off, (even with poo on my jeans and poo in your hair) and persuaded your daddy to bath you :)

I am a good / bad mummy cos I shared my chocolate with you (naughty, but you're poorly and every girl needs chocolate when they're ill).

Today I am a good mummy because whilst trying very hard to cook dinner for mummy and daddys friends I have not thrown you out the window for constantly whinging!!

Fab thread! Today I am a good mum because even with a stinking cold I was up at 3am to express milk for my precious LO. x

Today i am a good mommy because I did not get upset or frustrated wtih my one year old for screaming at me while I fed my 7 week old.

I Have decided, having Pnd and a difficult birth and just having a rubbish time doubting myself that I am going to try and say one positive thing about my mothering each day. Feel free to join in.

Today I have been a good mum because I looked into my daughters eyes and went through all the bits of her body I made and why I loved each part.

Glad you're having a better day!

Today I'm a good mom because I played a new game with her that she liked....put her in her swing and when she swung forward I kissed her toes. Made her giggle and that made me feed good about being a mom!

Today i am a good mom for not losing my patience when you spat puree in my face and laughed. I managed to laugh too instead and let it go.

This is great :) I have PND too. I had depression pre pregnancy, had a difficult pregnancy and my son has been ill x

Today I've been a good mum because I have made my son smile over and over again. I didn't think I could cope looking after him when my OH was in work (he's working until 9pm but won't get home until nearly 10pm) but I've done really well. I love my son :)

I love the idea of this thread :) I don't love it because I can't think of a way I was a good mummy today :(

Today I was a good mommy because I took my son to his first swimming lesson and I was so so so proud of him.

Today I was a good mommy because I got Alex to sleep with me for 2+ hours. :)

Awh what a lovely thread :)

Today I am a good mum because I got over my fears and took LO out properly for the first time (and spent £50 in mothercare on her!)

Today ..... I'm a good mum because I read the same book over and over and over and over to Stephen when he wanted to read it.... Need a lot of patience for that :haha:

Today I'm a good mummy as we've played and laughed together all day even though I'm feeling really poorly and in the days before I had you I probably wouldn't have even got out of bed :) x

Today I was a good mum for carrying you all round the shops because that's what made you happy, then I stood in front of the wallpaper in the kitchen because you like staring at the wallpaper when your upset x

today i was a good mummy because even when i felt like crying i gave you a big smile every time you looked at me. it took a lot of energy that I didnt have but Im glad you wouldn't guess your mum was completely exhausted xxx

lovely thread and a great way to build back up the self esteem that can take a crash with a young baby to look after xx OP thank you and hugs xx

Today I'm a good mom because when you fussed at the grocery store, I picked you up out of the shopping cart, held you on my hip, and pulled the cart instead of pushing it. This is the same cart that had the busted wheel.
Even though I'm exhausted from carrying you for an hour, dragging the busted cart, and keeping your brother off the shelves... I am also awesome becuase I let you sleep for 2 1/2 hours in your car seat when we got home. Though I'm sure I'll pay for it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->