Today is my due date..... RANT

ChristinaRN

Mother of 3, pg with #4
Reaction score
And NOTHING is happening:wacko: Ok, so this is my 4th child so I know the due date is not the day the baby is necessarily coming but I thought for sure I would have had him by now. On Sunday I had contractions 5 mins apart for 7 hours!!!! Then they died off:shrug: Then on Wednesday I had some severe cramping in the morning and at doctors appointment I was 3cm and measuring 43cm!!!! But now 4 days later I am still totally pregnant with NO SIGNS that labor is anywhere near. I have walked, had sex, used clary sage oil and taken my red rasp leaf tabs.....but still nothing. If I stay preggo much longer I'm not so sure the baby is going to be able to come out.....my last kid was 8lbs 12oz and that was by induction 1 1/2 weeks early. Getting REALLY frustrated:cry: I'm just feeling like this doctor should have induced last week just like they did with my last kid.....instead I think I am going to end up with a 10 lb baby with a csection or worse yet shoulder dystocia.:growlmad:

Oh my god what a naughty baby! I didn't know that things could start then stop for such a long time how frustrating for you! I would have thought a fourth baby would be straight forward. Hope it happens for you very soon. Xx

It's called Prodromal Labor (essentially false labor). But then again, false labor shouldn't produce changes in your cervix.....and I've been at 3cm for the past 4 days! If I can just get 1 more cm and show up and the hospital they won't send me home.....even without contractions.....they will just start a pitocin drip and get things going. Hoping tonight will be my night....but starting to get really discouraged.

Perhaps a hot curry with toasted cumin seeds and fresh pineapple then?? This is what they say and it happened for me although I do believe it was just coincidence! Anything worth a go. I do think they could have induced you though given the circumstances, keep smiling!

Ah you're still hanging in there! When will you get to be induced??

Have an appointment Wednesday.....will insist on being induced by no later than Friday! He is just getting too big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->