Today is my last day at work...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kbaker09, Apr 17, 2009.

1. kbaker09

kbaker09 Well-Known Member

I know it probably means nothing to anyone on here but just wanted to say that today is my last day at work. I start maternity leave from Monday! :happydance:

I feel a mixture of emotions - sad to leave, excited because it means I am close to the final run up to meeting my baby and scared because I won't have a wage coming in each month after working for almost 10 years. :-(

Oh well... I have lots of baby clothes to wash and iron and not even started my hospital bag so I guess I will be occupied for a while.

Sorry.. I know it's a pointless post... xx

2. Angel21

Angel21 Mummy to Joseph and Jacob

I've got 6 weeks left....but cut my hours down a bit by using the odd day of annual leave some weeks. I have mixed feelings about going on maternity leave too, my hubby will still be at work, and I'll be sat all alone analysing each twitch and twang! :rofl:

Enjoy your time to relax before bubs arrives! x

3. MamaK

MamaK Mama to Miles

Hi ya!!!!

Today was my last day before maternity leave too!!! :wohoo:

I can completely understand where you are coming from but I am just sooooo glad to be off now :D :D :D

Indeed, baby washing and ironing here we come :D

Big hugs, xxxx

4. Scally

Scally Well-Known Member

How exciting, i cant wait to get to that point!!!! Enjoy the rest before the chaos starts!!!!

5. MelanieSweets

MelanieSweets Well-Known Member

Aww huni although it seems like forever ago (about 5 weeks ish) since i left work on maternity i remember feeling sad but happy and relieved my suggestion enjoy every minute of it ... although i am overdue and getting very frustrated now lol x

6. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

How exciting :) I'm counting down - 15 working days to go :p

7. ClaireyF

ClaireyF Joshua & Bump to be!

:happydance: bet you are so excited, another step closer to having you baby !! another 5 weeks for me....:(

8. jess_smurf

jess_smurf Angel Kristian & Olivia

I have another 4 weeks in work from today !!!

Can't wait to have to the time off to get organised plus we have 4 horses too so would make things easier me being off work i can take my time mucking out :)

9. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

I'm 39 weeks and on my first week of maternity leave after not having so much as a two week holiday in the last 8 years as I manage a small business. It's soooo lovely to be at home pottering around not doing much, I completely understand!