Toddler bed at home but travel cot when away?

supertabby

Reaction score
We're planning to move lo into a toddler bed soon (she's 2 years 3 months) but she stays at grandparents fairly often, either when we all stay over or being babysat.

I know you can get blow up toddler bed but at the moment neither grandparents have a child friendly room. My mum is planning to make over her spare room later this year and make it suitable for lo to sleep in a bed, but for the time being I was thinking of still using the travel cot.

Has anyone done this? Do you think she'll hate the travel cot once she's used to a bed? She's currently happy with both cots and doesn't try to climb out.

Our LO has a toddler bed at home but still uses a travel cot for naps when we're out and when we recently went on holiday!x

It's never bothered either if mine.
DS went into a bed at 13 months but still used a cot at my parents and travel cots when in holiday until he was 4 years. He was always fine at being put in the cot.
DD was in her cot until 3yr 2mnths but at my parents house she sleeps in the cot still and when away she goes in the travel cot. Again, she's always fine with with.

Depends on the child! We moved DD1 into a toddler bed at 18 months and she has since refused to be put in a cot. Just this weekend gone we visited my MIL's and she had put out the cot for her and DD1 refused to go in it. Said it was for baby's and that she wanted to sleep in the bed!

Ds1 went into a toddler bed at 20 months and since then he has slept in a single bed with a bed guard when we've been on holiday and at his grandparents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->