Toddler Bed? *Update*

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Is it too young for me to put Valerie in a toddler bed; obviously with childproof rails on? We're going to put a gate on her door also, in case she wakes up in the middle of the night and tries to get out of bed. Be honest and let me know what you think! I need the advice!

*So I took all of your advice and have been putting Valerie into her toddler bed for the last two nights. She's been doing great! She's sleeping through the night and well into the morning. The only thing is though that when she does wake up, she stands straight up and acts like she could walk right off the bed onto the floor (which is about a couple inches drop). I know it's not a huge drop but, I worry about her waking in the middle of the night and not getting out of the bed the right way. I put some pillows down...anything else I can do?*

Nope not at all!!! I personally think the earlier the better, I can't imagine having them in a crib at 2-3yrs old really lol. Landon was really tall so he was climbing out by 13mo so we had to move him. Then Casen we moved at 15mo, not climbing just thought he was ready to be out of the crib. Hayden only coslept so no crib, but we moved him from our bed to his toddler bed at 12mo, we tried at 10mo and he wasn't ready so I waited a couple more months and we went ight to it no problems. He's 20mo now and since 16mo he hasn't even had the rails on. We took Casen's rails off when we put him in a twin size bed at 18mo, they all did great with it and loved being in those beds rather than a crib

Not at all hun my friends little girl went into a bed about the same age, I personally don't feel Lily is ready yet but every babies different! x

I think it would be fine hun :) I'll be putting Grace in one at around that age too I think

I think its fine also, we haven't with Jasmine yet although we will be trying her in her new double bed soon :)

I'd do it as soon as Elyse gets too heavy for me to comfortably lift out of the crib (after she's 1)... but since we share a room, she'll be in the crib a little longer.. maybe in her "toddler day bed"... but due to space constraints, maybe 1.5-2 years is when she'll actually be in her own bed:)

See, the crib that we bought for Valerie turns into 3 things....toddler bed, daybed, and it's a headboard for a queen bed eventually. So I was going to try this week and turn it into a toddler bed with the rails on it. She just hates being lowered down into the crib and with all the rails around her, she can't stand it anymore (for some reason).

LuckyMe--I'll let you know how it goes. I think I'll probably stay in her room and watch her for a good while once we put her down. The only thing I'm nervous about is her getting up in the middle of the night and getting out of bed. We are planning on putting a gate on her door so that she can't leave her room. Anyone else's toddler do that?

Amber went in toddler bed at around 1yr2/3months old. Best thing ive done. Has a gate on the door but shes never actually getting out of bed if she does wake.

I updated the original post with how we are doing in the toddler bed! :)

Glad she stayed in bed all night. We have one of the convertible cribs as well, so I think we might try it soon. My only worry is the side rail for our toddler bed doesn't even take up 1/2 the side of the crib so I'm afraid he will roll off.

Yes, we are in the same boat. I have two side rails that came with the crib. One is attached where her head lays and one is attached to the side where her feet lay. There is an opening in the middle where there is no rail. But...I lowered the crib to the lowest setting possible and it's only a couple inches off the floor...I also put some pillows down on the ground in front of the opening in case she wants to get up and get down in the middle of the night. She seems to do ok, I just get worried because she likes to stand. I'd be more worried, if it was a couple feet up from the floor. Hopefully you have goodluck when you start trying with yours!

I think just having the pillows there is good. I would teach her how to get in and out, if she doesn' know. I know I probably sound like a horrible person lol, but if she falls it's ok :) She will be ok, the boys have fallen just a couple times, never got hurt at all cause it is so close. But they realized quick that they have to climb out lol.

I think just having the pillows there is good. I would teach her how to get in and out, if she doesn' know. I know I probably sound like a horrible person lol, but if she falls it's ok :) She will be ok, the boys have fallen just a couple times, never got hurt at all cause it is so close. But they realized quick that they have to climb out lol.

I think you are exactly right. We've been trying to teach her how to get in and out, but my OH said the same thing, "One time of her falling out, will teach her to climb out the right way." Haha....she did great last night. Slept straight through from 8pm - 6am. I was so amazed! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->