Toddler Booster Carseat for travel

thepinched

Reaction score
We use the Britax Frontier at home, but we don't want to take such a big heavy carseat when we travel. I also want to minimize the chance of damaging her daily seats during the travel itself. I will gate check the carseat to try to minimize the damage. I don't think she will sit in her carseat on the plane though. Our child is 3 so will be in the toddler harness booster for a few more years.

I was hoping to get suggestions for something safe/easy to install as this will be used on trips where we will be renting a car. I was looking at the Britax Pioneer - but it's not exactly a cheap option, but has a few nice features. Any suggestions on what carseat you use for travel purposes (3+year old)?

You should be able to hire one with the car when you get there but book in advance.

I wouldn't feel comfortable having a 3 year old in a booster seat unless she was over the weight limit for a proper car seat, maybe that's what you mean? Booster seats are usually for kids who are over the weight limit for a stage 1 car seat and most of them use the car's seat belt (though you can get some with a five point harness). Beyond that, yes, I would just ask your car rental company what they provide. If you aren't wanting to use your own, then theirs will be just as good. They can usually offer several options based on weight and height, so I would just ask rather than dealing with the stress of lugging it with you through the airport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->