Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

Thanks for your reply since we have been back into routine and lo back to nursery he's back to normal with his sleep routine! I'm so glad! It's made me realise that lo will go through fazes and I'll just have to ride it out! X

My 2-year-old son suddenly started waking up several times a night. In most cases, it was just to get some attention or to put his musical mobile on. Nevertheless, our sleep was interrupted. I considered buying sleep trainers such as Kid’Sleep, which seem to receive good comments, but found a cheaper solution: an app called Wake app Sunshine. It costs 1,5 euros instead of 50 euros. We’ve installed a deprecated smartphone in his room and after just 2 nights, he already got used to the system. A real recommendation.. or should I say sleep saver?

mines sleeping beautifully through the night lately but i keep waking up with her feet in my face, and i have to turn her around. 4 times last night ! and we have a huge bed, a twin pushed up to a queen so its not like were cramped in there

Anyone else here an entrepreneur and raising a kid at the same time? Really fun to do it.. pushes me atleast to make my business a success!

My little guy has always been a terrible sleeper. He has slept through the night maybe 20-30 times in the 22 months of his life...?
Lately, he has been waking wanting me to take him around the house till he decides what he wants. I miss the nights I would wake and breast feed him back to sleep. If he is in bed with me he will push me until I get up, then pick him up and then run around while he complains, eki, which means, there in Greek. And that never means anywhere specifically. We need help.

Hi all

Just needed to vent as im going through this at the minute and its driving me insane! My 4 year old has always been a great sleeper, he goes down at 730 with a book and a cuddle and usually sleeps all night until about 7. He might wake up occasionally for a wee or a drink but 9 times out of 10 we dont hear from him all night.

Now the last couple of weeks all of that has changed. He's going down fine still and sleeping solidly until early hours of the morning & then he's coming in to my bed for a cuddle/asking to sleep with us/asking us to get in with him/saying he's had a bad dream/needs a wee/a drink.... any excuse to be awake basically!

We got into a bad habit when he was younger of getting in with him for a cuddle if he woke in the night so im really keen to aviod that so every time he wakes i've just been taking him back to bed, tucking him in and telling him to go to sleep. But within 10-15 mins he's calling me again 'mummy, mummy'.... ive tried ignoring him (and he just comes back into my room again) and i've tried going back in to re-settle him but nothing seems to work.

Last night i got really cross and refused to keep getting out of bed to take him back to he's room and made him go back by himself (which he did) but he was still back in my room again within half an hour and the more i kept putting him back the more upset he got to the point my OH had to go in and give him a cuddle in he's bed to get him back to sleep (exactly what I didnt want).

Im finding it really hard to not give in and just give him a cuddle in he's bed or to let him get in with us but i'm 6 months pregnant and theres going to be a new born in the cot next to my bed soon so i cant really be dealing with him in my bed too or with getting up and down all night to him & the baby!

Im really hoping its just a phase and that it'll stop on its own soon... Im also wondering if expecting he's baby sister could be playing a part in why he wants to get in with us suddenly. Maybe seeing the cot next to the bed has affected him without me realizing

Any advise or anyone who's been through something similar with this age ?

Trudie x

Hi all

Just needed to vent as im going through this at the minute and its driving me insane! My 4 year old has always been a great sleeper, he goes down at 730 with a book and a cuddle and usually sleeps all night until about 7. He might wake up occasionally for a wee or a drink but 9 times out of 10 we dont hear from him all night.

Now the last couple of weeks all of that has changed. He's going down fine still and sleeping solidly until early hours of the morning & then he's coming in to my bed for a cuddle/asking to sleep with us/asking us to get in with him/saying he's had a bad dream/needs a wee/a drink.... any excuse to be awake basically!

We got into a bad habit when he was younger of getting in with him for a cuddle if he woke in the night so im really keen to aviod that so every time he wakes i've just been taking him back to bed, tucking him in and telling him to go to sleep. But within 10-15 mins he's calling me again 'mummy, mummy'.... ive tried ignoring him (and he just comes back into my room again) and i've tried going back in to re-settle him but nothing seems to work.

Last night i got really cross and refused to keep getting out of bed to take him back to he's room and made him go back by himself (which he did) but he was still back in my room again within half an hour and the more i kept putting him back the more upset he got to the point my OH had to go in and give him a cuddle in he's bed to get him back to sleep (exactly what I didnt want).

Im finding it really hard to not give in and just give him a cuddle in he's bed or to let him get in with us but i'm 6 months pregnant and theres going to be a new born in the cot next to my bed soon so i cant really be dealing with him in my bed too or with getting up and down all night to him & the baby!

Im really hoping its just a phase and that it'll stop on its own soon... Im also wondering if expecting he's baby sister could be playing a part in why he wants to get in with us suddenly. Maybe seeing the cot next to the bed has affected him without me realizing

Any advise or anyone who's been through something similar with this age ?

Trudie x

anyone? :cry:

how early is he waking up? what about try moving his bedtime later?

how early is he waking up? what about try moving his bedtime later?

he sleeps all night until about 4am (sometimes 3)

I was thinking about putting him to bed a bit later but wasnt sure if that was a good idea as he starts reception all day in September (he's just in nursery 3 hours a day every afternoon now) and he goes to bed about 730-745 at the minute x

My 14 month old daughter has never been a good sleeper.
She use to sleep in her crib until she got a double ear infection at 9 months old...now she sleeps with me and still wakes up 1-2 times a night. She has always gone to sleep late at 10 pm and she wriggles all night long...I am a zombie these days because I am worried about her rolling away.

If I do get her in her crib at night its only for a few hours...last night she was only in there for 2 hours. aaahhh does this ever get any better?

My son goes to sleep ok as long as we stick to his routine, however, he wakes up at night and walks around and then wakes up super early in the mornings. Because he is up so early he is exhausted by mid-morning. I would love it if he slept a bit later.

Last night: After tantrumming all day he crashed out and fell asleep at 5.30pm

10pm: Woke for dummy
11pm: Woke for dummy
1am: Woke for milk
3am: Woke for milk
4.30am: Woke and chatted to himself for 20 minutes
7am: Up for the day

I'm weaning off the milk, starting tonight. He's 18 months!

I wish I had noticed this thread two weeks ago! Maybe I'd have a bit more sanity about myself than I have at the moment!

Our little lady has always been really good at going to bed. We've always just popped her in bed and walked out the room and she's fallen asleep on her own....not now...

I think it all stems from when we were staying at OH's parents for four nights. She had to share a room with us (she was in a travel cot) and was quite unsettled the first night because of the strange room. After that, she settled down a bit, but there were a couple of nights where we had to bring her in to bed beside us as she just wouldn't settle and we didn't want to keep the rest of the house up......que the start of the sleep problems.

Since we got home, DD won't go to sleep at night or for her nap unless one of us is in the room with her. If we leave, she screams bloody murder! When she falls asleep at night, she very regularly wakes up crying and we have to go through and sit with her. I'm exhausted.
We've tried a number of things. She's got two night lights in her room (always has had this) so we tried switching one off, then the other, then both....nothing. We tried leaving her door open...nothing. We've tried teddies, no teddies, water, no water, gradual retreat, walk in walk out....all to no avail.

I'm running out of methods to try! We've got the cry it it out method left (I really want to avoid this) or controlled crying (willing to give it a shot) still to go. She also has a glitter lamp which I haven't tried yet. I thought maybe her being able to watch this at night would be quite calming and help her drift off to sleep and get her back on track? Any advice or support very much appreciated xx

Up at 10, 11, 11.30 and 1 last night. Up for the day at 5.55

I literally feel like I might die of exhaustion.

Gracie is normally a good sleeper. For the last two weeks she has been hellish. It all started with a stomach bug, and now she is teething.

She wont sleep without being held. Every time we put her down she wakes up! It takes maybe 5-6 attempts to get her to sleep in her cot, and at least 10 minutes between attempts to resettle her.

Last night she went down at about 10, then was up at 12:30 until 2:10 screaming blue murder. Stayed asleep until 3:30 and then didn't go back to sleep until 5:45. Then up for the day at 8am.

She didn't nap today except maybe 10 minutes in the car. Went down relatively easy tonight (8pm) but got up at 12:30. Its now 2am and she still isn't in her bed (she is sleeping on me on the sofa)

My entire holidays have been ruined by her. I am dreading going back to work as there is no way I can function. Mu partner has also not been much of a help so we have been arguing about that too.

My DS is 3 at the end of the month and I honestly can not for the life in me work out his sleep routine. He has been going through a phase of not wanting to go bed and it has been hell. He is really attached to me and I think that is part of the issue. It's got to the point where he goes to sleep in our bed then we move him to his bed when he's been asleep a while. Then the last 3 nights he has gone in his bed, he hasn't been happy but he has gone to sleep after 15/20 mins. Tonight he won't go again and he's currently laid next to me in our bed awake but only just. I don't get him. It's really hard to know what to do. I have a 6 year old DS too and he has never been a problem sleeper. I also feel guilty about not being able to spend as much time with him with all this. I'm at my wits end. I feel bit annoyed cos I try to use something like rapid return but daddy is really weak and after 5 mins will bring him back in the living room. It's causing us to not really see eye to eye and we have ended up spending so many nights sleeping apart due to DS coming in to bed and taking up all the room!

My eight month has never slept through the night, on a good night she will wake up once for her dummy, last night she went to bed at 8.00, slept till 1.30 and then was awake till 4.30 then dropped off till 7.30.
She just won't go back to sleep in the night if she wakes up and I don't no what to do at all, so tired all the time!

Currently sat feeling like an awful mummy listening to my son cry for me. I honestly don't know what else to do with him. I feel really guilty saying it but I don't really enjoy parenting when he is like this.......😞

Currently sat feeling like an awful mummy listening to my son cry for me. I honestly don't know what else to do with him. I feel really guilty saying it but I don't really enjoy parenting when he is like this.......😞

I feel the same. I had almost no sleep again last night. Had to go for a nap at 3pm, luckily my partner was only working half a day today so he could take her for a bit but I still only managed 30 mins as my phone went. We also had my partners two nieces for the day so that was tiring (although they helped look after Gracie!)

My son goes to sleep fine but then wakes up at night and can't go back to sleep it is exhausting although he still wakes up extremely early

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->