Told my mum I was pregnant today & well, read :( :(

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:
Well what can I say she reacted like I was a 13 year old little girl. Baring in mind I'm 25, and already have a beautiful DD who is 4!
I was all happy, and i sat her down with DD & OH, told her we was expecting a baby to which her face dropped and she said "you've got to be kidding me haven't you" my little one said "no nanan it's real there's a baby in her tummy" and she didn't even react to that. And that was the end of it. No congratulations, no questions, no nothing. I just got up and left after 10 mins. I couldn't bare to be around her anymore. How could my own mother react like that? I've done nothing but cry since :cry:

OHs mum was over the moon when we told her, why couldn't my mum be the same!?

I'm so sorry :(
With my second my mom gave a weird reaction, we already had our first son who was 2 1/2 at the time, I was almost finished college and already had a job lined up . My husband was already in his career making great money and she said "you're pregnant !?" With a tone like it was a horrible thing. She didn't even say congratulations either but we just ignored it and she did come around quickly . She was just worried because I hadn't even started my new job yet.
Maybe your mother has some worries but I'm sure she will come around and realize you are a grown adult and a new baby is a wonderful thing.
Don't let it bring you down <3

So sorry you did not get the reaction you wanted hun, She will come round though it might of just been a shock and she didn't know how to react. Big hugs tho xx

I just don't understand what's wrong with her. Both me and OH work, we have our own house, we're perfectly financial. So no idea what her problem is

I had a similar reaction from my mum, it made me feel awful. My sister had a word and she then rang back apologising. Turns out she is happy, but is just not very good at handling surprises.

Do you think your mum is just shocked? I hope you get a warmer response from her next time you speak!

So sorry about her reaction. I hope she comes round in time :hugs:

She will be happy, hang in there. Xx

My father in law lives 9,000 miles away, so we called him with the news of our second and third pregnancies, and he reacted the same way. Because of this, we are not looking forward to telling him we are expecting again. I hate to hear about anyone else experiencing this because I know how it feels, and it is terrible. You must feel very hurt, and you must feel as if your mum doesn't care, and I'm sure that isn't true. I hope something else was going on with her that day and that she comes back with an apology or at least a congratulations or some excitement towards your pregnancy.

That is horrible, sorry you had to experience that! I really don't understand why people would react like that. If you are happy then everyone else should be happy for you.

Personally I would ignore her until she comes around and apologies. You don't need that negativity in your life. xx

I went through the same exact thing with my OH's mom! She reacted terribly on our second child and even told me she was disappointed! To my face! She was drilling me on how are we going to raise 2 children, etc. I had said maybe I would step down part-time, and she just said that idea is just stupid. I ended up leaving crying. :( I didn't even tell my OH how she reacted( she kept asking when he was not there and eventually got it out of me because she just KNEW) and when my OH told her (he thought for the first time), she still acted like she just wasn't happy and my OH didn't talk to her for like a week. I think we just shocked her and anything she can possibly worry about, she will worry about. It's okay now, I can still tell she's not "thrilled" but oh well, me and OH are. :) Now, my mother is excited and so is my sister. They will get over it. I think once the baby actually comes, it will be a different story. :)

My mom did this when I was 18 with no job and living at her house. I think that was quit rude and honestly I would ignore her until an apology was given=/ I was nervous for telling my mom about baby 2 and 3 but you know what why should i. She isn't going to take care of the baby and it's not her life/house! I wish you luck! She will come around!

My mil reacted badly to my 1st two pregnancies. The 1st thing she said to DH was, im too old to be a grandma. We had a big falling out about 4 years ago now and we all no longer speak. She hasn't even met our 1 year old. Sad really.

My OH's mother was all positive to my face but went round telling his family before he/I could and comparing me to an ex of his who is an anorexic, suicidal self harmer which I'm not. She also went round saying it was all too soon and in all honesty since then my OH hasn't been the same with me. All very odd and immature in my opinion, a baby is meant to be a happy time. X

That's an odd reaction! So sorry hopefully she comes around and apologies x

Thankyou for all your replies. I still can't believe it. I saw her today out shopping. And she didn't even say hello. Wow!!! Told OH I'm not going to speak to he until she says sorry. But he says I'm been stupid

I've just had a similar reaction from my mum. I told her I was pregnant and she just put her hands over her face and said ohh my god your joking aren't you? She said why didn't you get sterilised after your 2nd child or go on the pill? We wasn't planning on having anymore this one has come as a complete surprise but I told her I was worrying about having 3 children but she offered me no support what so ever. I can't take the pill as it makes me I'll but we were using condoms. It does upset you because you expect support from your mum and when you don't get it you can't understand why :( x

My mom was kind of the same (although this is my first). She was, in my opinion, very rude to me, she said congrats in a really crappy way that made me do nothing but cry when I got off the phone. I'm sorry she's being like that towards you about your pregnancy! She should come around, because what grandma doesn't want to spoil their grand babies right?

This is why I won't be telling mine till at least 12 weeks along possibly 5 mths along !

Sorry to hear this but honestly it's you and oh that have to deal and pay for the children so in my eyes as upsetting as there reactions are. It's your decision no one else's x

Hugs to you all - I haven't had any reactions like that from my Mum bug I can just imagine how hurtful that would be. In our families we get the comments from our Dads - we live in a small house(that we own) and they thought we should wait until we were in a bigger place - all that matters is that we are happy here and thankfully both dads have stopped making u comments over it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->