Told my mum I was pregnant today & well, read :( :(

I've just had a similar reaction from my mum. I told her I was pregnant and she just put her hands over her face and said ohh my god your joking aren't you? She said why didn't you get sterilised after your 2nd child or go on the pill? We wasn't planning on having anymore this one has come as a complete surprise but I told her I was worrying about having 3 children but she offered me no support what so ever. I can't take the pill as it makes me I'll but we were using condoms. It does upset you because you expect support from your mum and when you don't get it you can't understand why :( x

That's pretty much exactly what my mum did. With putting her hands over her face. How can they be so horrible!? I've said to OH, until she actually says congratulations or is happy for us she will have nothing to do with baby for how she made me feel. Such a horrible thing to say/do to your own daughter. I wouldn't react that bad if it was my daughter, in a few years time (say 16yr old) id do anything and everything to support her, even if I wouldn't be happy she got pregnant so young

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->