toliet problems.

xtashax26

Reaction score
My son is 5 and will be 6 in september.
He was born at 33 weeks, his had bad tantrams since he was 17 months old, and i was told he just had the attituide of a 3 year old at the time.
since he could talk i was worried about his speach and kept on at the health vis and his doctor that i wasnt happy (even now some people can not understand him) he shouts when he talks and sometimes forgets to swollow which causes him to spit as his talking (everytime) i'v also been asking for a hearing test even though he seems to be able to hear , but was wondering if this would be causeing the shouting.
Anyway now they are finially listening to me and getting him speach therphy and booking him for a hearing test, his had a test thing to see at what mental and learning age he is and they have said his around the 4 - 41/2 year mark so about a year behind what he should be (they dont seem worried by this)

Right sorry let me get to the point of this thread. when my son goes to the toliet he wont shut the door, its as though he gets scared of being alone (his the same what ever the situation he wont go and play in his bedroom alone either.) he goes a wee on his own fine, but when he goes a poo when his finished he screams for someone to come and help him wipe his bum, he refuses to do this himself and just says i cant its a messy one TMI sorry but its like this everytime. i make sure the toliet roll is in easy reach of him at all times, and i try and encrugge SP? him to do it on his own, and on the odd time he does it i make a big fuss of him and tell him well done and his getting a big boy etc etc.
But 9 times out of 10 he will stay on that toliet seat untill i come and do it for him, i'v left it and left it for nearly an hour before now and he is still sitting there moaning that he wants someone to do his bum. iv never had this problem with the girls, so any advice will be great please.

As far as I know most boys seem to be apprehensive of going to the toilet for some reason or other. My mother said both my brothers were and I know a few ladies with boys as well and they always have a problem with the toilet for some reason or other

I hope you sort something out soon tho

:hugs:

Thank you for replying, i'm glad to hear its not just me having some toliet issues then. the only issues i thought i would have when having a boy is teaching them to stand up to go a wee (his dad always said he didnt feel right in showing or helping him to do this) but he took to that fine (after thinking it was fun to wee over his sisters which we quickly got a stop to and that fase only lasted a week thank god.)

Hav u tried potty training wet wipes like kandoo or simlar asda do there own brand and tell him there is big boy tissues ? Try and get him to be your big boy by using them xxx

hiya yea i tried these still didnt work, but they thought it was fun to get them all out and muck about with them, so i tried keeping them out of reach and just passing them to him when he needed it, but that only lasted about 2 days.

My younger son did that, when he was about 3, we told him when he turned 4 he had no choice he had to do it on his own and we tried to encourage him to do it before then by leaving him to do it lol. But since he turned 4 at the end of March he has actually done it on his own! I couldn't believe that actually worked lol but it did. Maybe you can say that he has until this date until he has to do it by himself...mayb eit will work for him too?

Thanks i will try anything at the moment, hopfully it will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->