Tommee Tippee bottles shrinking and growing!

Wriggley

Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem with tommee tippee bottles one day we noticed one of zacoiyas bottles has gone REALLY skinny so we set it aside and didnt know if it still held the same amount etc... but by the next day it was back to normal size :shrug::shrug:

Yes! We've found this. Goes skinny where it goes inwards in middle of bottle if makes sense. I thought it might be where I've squeezed the bottle to screw it up but don't usually hold it there due to the water being scolding hot. Odd!

Yes! We've found this. Goes skinny where it goes inwards in middle of bottle if makes sense. I thought it might be where I've squeezed the bottle to screw it up but don't usually hold it there due to the water being scolding hot. Odd!

yes thats exactly what happened but it goes back to normal size? lol

Thank god you said that!! thought i was going mad when i saw that happening to my bottles! x

this happened to me this afternoon!! picked a bottle up and it felt skinnier .. so I thought it must have had suctioned air in.. looked at the bottle and still had 7oz in.. took it was down to been to tired and forgot about it!!

I've noticed them doing this after i have put boiling water in them before cooling in ice=seems to go back to normal though.

yeah to me too i thought i was going crazy! my OH came in the kitchen as i was holding at least 10 diff bottles up to the light to see if they were a different size, took one look at me, called me a crazy women and walked out lol. x

Take a pic??? i use tommee tippee bottles but cant say ive ever noticed it really x

The bottoms of my bottles have popped out. Sent some back to Tommee Tippee and they said that the likely cause is boiling water being put in the bottles and that they do not advise this.

The bottoms of my bottles have popped out. Sent some back to Tommee Tippee and they said that the likely cause is boiling water being put in the bottles and that they do not advise this.

this also happened to a few of mine!
i've always put boiling water in mine espcially if im in a rush and dont have time to let it cool

I always put boiling water in mine!! always do my bottles the night before and just add boiling water.. go to bed then in the morning they've cooled and I just add the powder when needed!

I've always done it aswell, i don't think they can realistically expect people not to. Send them an e-mail telling them your problem, they'll reply telling you about boiling water in bottles etc. Reply to that saying you don't do that and they'll send you a pre-paid envelope and you'll get some nice new bottles for nothing :).

I've always done it aswell, i don't think they can realistically expect people not to. Send them an e-mail telling them your problem, they'll reply telling you about boiling water in bottles etc. Reply to that saying you don't do that and they'll send you a pre-paid envelope and you'll get some nice new bottles for nothing :).

oooh i might just do that!

so u have to send them all your old bottles?

Yeh I noticed this too!! I think it's just like a vacuum action when boiling water has been added to the bottle and then the lid is put on! :shrug:

Yep, I've had this as well with a couple. They seem to shrink inwards when I take them out of the basin of cold water (to cool them down after making) but then expand again when I put them in a jug of hot water to warm up for a feed.

ive never noticed this :shrug: im obviously not as observant as you ladies xx

Never noticed this but how do you ladies manage to get the lids off once mines are on and my monkey is fed i need to wait for oh to come in and losen them? Am i just a woss? xx

Yeah happened to me too, but only if i put the water in before the 20/30mins waiting for it to cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->