Tommee Tippee Electris steriliser

Beth09

Reaction score
What do you use to de scale yours?

I just got a pack of descaler from Asda :) Haven't used it yet though :lol:

I havent descaled it yet but plan in doing the same as Eala :D

We use the descaling sachets from boots but beware - you need to make sure that you wipe out the residue really quickly as otherwise it turns to a really sticky orange that is hard to shift (found this out the hard way!).

I added the normal amount of water, added the descaler and turned on. It lets of putrid steam so make sure LO nowhere near and the window/door open. When cooling start wiping out with kitchen towel. Then repeat with just plain water two or three times. A Hassle but comes out like new.

white vinegar. covered the element, let it sit for 20 mins. I do it regularly though so there is never anything much to come off.

I got some de-scaler called Oust from the supermarket.

Just checked today, Oust is what I have as well :) Not used it though, as I tend to wash out the steriliser every few times I use it, so there's not much build-up as of yet :)

White Vinegar is what we use, works really well and is so cheap xx

We used the sachets from boots. Just followed the instructions on the pack.

Ladies who have the OUST, can you use it on the steraliser? I used some at work xmas week and it was awful, like a proper acid, stinks, bubbles up. Never noticed that you could use it on the steraliser, I would have said not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->