Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine - worth it?

Mrs G

Lily and Tommy's mummy
Reaction score
Hi
Have had a couple of friends rave about the perfect prep machine but just wondered if anyone here would/wouldn't recommend it?
Thanks. Xx

Yes, best purchase I made last time and will use it again this time. It just makes life so much easier as your bottle is made within a few minutes instead of having to mess around with the kettle and water cooling /warming up milk etc.
I was also surprised at how cool the milk was (it warms it up to breast milk temp) and I think this also helped with my lo not being fussy when it came to having cold milk.

Thanks. So it makes quite cool bottles? Dd was so fussy and would only take quite warm bottles, which I want to avoid this time. I've bought avent bottles tho, will it take them? Xx

You can use any type of bottles with it

You can use any kind of bottles, it's got an adjustable stand. I used Dr Browns bottles.
The milk is Luke warm when it's made, which is apparently right. I felt bad because for the first few weeks of DD's life, before we had the perfect prep machine, her bottles must have been boiling for her.

I love my tommee tippee prep machine, it was also the best buy I made the last time. It makes the bottles perfectly, and was a lifesaver during the night!! I would recommend the machine to everyone, you won't regret buying it!!

Sorry for all the questions! So the first shot of water is boiling or 70 degrees? Then is the rest of the water filtered or cooled boiled? Do you fill it up every time? Xx

The first shot is boiling and you mix the powder with that and then it tops the bottle up with filtered water. It has a water tank at the back so I think I used to fill it once a day.

Me again! What proportion of each bottle is the 'shot'? So if you're doing a 4oz bottle, how much hot water goes in? Or is it the same regardless of bottle size? Xx

I think it's the same shot of boiling water, it's literally a tiny amount and then the filtered water makes it up to the correct size bottle.

Can I jump in here...

My friend literally told me about this today, she was gutted that she missed it on offer in Tesco for £60 yet i've found it on the Asda baby event today for the same price.

With my first we used Avent bottles but I wanted to switch to Tommee Tippee which we have done. I bought the starter kit which includes a bottle warmer, steriliser etc.

I might mention this to hubby tonight ut I know what he's like, he will think it's a waste of money considering the pack we've bought so i'm thinking how to 'gently persuade him'.

Am I right in thinking you prepare it and just leave it until baby wants it? Or do you still have to go downstairs and put formula in it?

I think we got into a routine of making up a bottle right before bed and leaving it in the warmer first time around but I read that we really shouldn't of done that so i'd like to be a bit more careful.

i was soooo tempted to get this but after using a flask for hot water and preparing them an hour before she fed i no longer felt i wanted it. i manage fine without it x

One of the best buys we bought

When baby starts getting fussy I just put the powder in then use the machine. You fill it up once it gets empty but ours usually lasts about a day.

When my DS was still waking for regular night feeds we put it in our room to make lif easier. So worth it!

Lucyloo try to persuade him it honestly is great!! I had the machine upstairs for night time feeds too as I know you shouldn't really pre-prepare bottles. I bought the little formula tubs you can get (so measured everything out before bedtime) then just tipped it in when baby woke and made the bottle there and then. It honestly is worth the money :)

Might seem a odd question but do you have to add the formula after the hot shot or can you put it in beforehand?

It says to put it in after the hot shot but I just put it in before hand.

Loved mine. Will use it again this time as well. It's perfect. I used Dr Browns bottles with mine and it was perfect

Is the prep machine just for warming up formula or can it also be used to warm up defrosted expressed breast milk as well?

Is the prep machine just for warming up formula or can it also be used to warm up defrosted expressed breast milk as well?

No its for making formula. You can't do anything with breast milk with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->