• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tommy update!!!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
He is walking!!!! He is standing unaided but wobbly and he can walk for as long as you are prepared to watch him go backwards and forwards - holding onto a baby walker. Thanks to his special piedro boots which give support to his ankles.

He is also successfully on a potty on the toilet. His medication makes him dry and we catheterise him when he needs to go - moving onto pull ups and pants very soon!

Thank you Tezzy for the potty suggestion (fisher price). It is fab and it fits perfectly on the loo!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin:

FYI - My son has spina bifida and hydrocephalus.

Thats fab!! I see it was his birthday, hope he had a great day:) Its gone so quick:shock:

Well done Tommy!

We have our next uro appt in August.. They are thinking of upping her Oxy and us cathing three hourly.. Yay.. At least when you come to visit we can time it so they both need cathing at the same time :lol: Her bladder is still neurogenic and still not growing.. boo to that!

Piedro boots are way cool. We are getting ours next week, but T has to master standing before anything else ;)

Glad Tommy is well :D

The more Oxy the more her bladder will grow! At least with the piedros you will finally be able to get some seriously cool unbaby-ish boots!!

You know when we were away and the stupid pharmacy didnt put the oxy in the oxy boxes and we had to go without for 2 weeks, it was horrable! I didnt like it at all. He just was just constant and very little every came out. I was so worried all the time!

Man that sucks! We are getting sandals so we can make sure her feet aren't scrunched up.

As far as oxy goes.. I will also admit that we ran out over the weekend a while ago.. and she just peed non stop.. it was horrible! Yep, the more oxy, the more they grow.. I don't want her to have the augmentation until she's quite a bit bigger, so we will cope with it for now. As far as cathing goes.. I'm sure we'll cope!

Tommy is so cute! Tigs misses him :(

Aww Tommy misses you guys too and especially his gf!

Hehe well I am sure he will be seeing her soon enough! Bet she can't wait :p

Yippee, well done Tommy. I can't believe Tommy is 1 already! He looks like a real grown up boy in your picture. Where does the time go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->