Tonsil stones

Hi hun, i had these i had to get my toncils out last year it hurts for about a week after but its well worth it if youo are in pain now, now i dont hurt any more :thumbup: xx

Hi hun, i had these i had to get my toncils out last year it hurts for about a week after but its well worth it if youo are in pain now, now i dont hurt any more :thumbup: xx

That's really true. I've been without mine for 3 years and I've only had one throat infection in all that time, rather than 10 times per year! xx

Ew, yes, I'm in the same boat. I used to get them occasionally, but for the last month or so, constantly!

I get these too and they're rank! If you have pitted tonsils (normally from having tonsilitis a lot as a young'un) you're likely to get tonsil stones - it's pretty much the same as what plaque is but collecting somewhere else.
I just check my tonsils everyday, have a fudge about with a cocktail stick (as long as you're careful, it's fine!) and get them out as they start to form.
You can also use a pipette (like the ones inside bach rescue remedy) to suck them out if you don't want to get sharp stick on them!

I get them too and most of the time it leads to tonsilitis for me:cry: I've lost count how many times i've been to the hospital pleading for them to take my tonsils out but they're not for doing it. I'm 29 now and thankfully (touch wood) i don't get it as much but its awful when i do. :nope:
Hope you feel better soon xx

Just bumping this thread as I think I'm suffering from tonsil stones.

Never had them before, so really worried. I've never had tonsilitis, but do get the odd sore throat that just goes away after a few days. The last couple of days it felt like something was stuck in my throat,so I had a look last night and could see a horrible white lump next to my tonsil. When I googled it, it came up with tonsil stones. I don't know what to do, as I can't get a finger or a cotton bud near it, as I gag too much. Has this happened because of pregnancy? I'm so paranoid that I'll have bad breath now, as all websites say how much they smell.

Having your tonsils out doesn't always cure tonsil stones. After loads of bouts of tonsilitus I had mine out when I was a kid and the ENT surgeon said I had the most rotten tonsils she had ever seen.

I still get them from time to time, but unlike people with tonsils I don't get any warning, they just land in my mouth. YUK!

Sorry I can't help with your question Bluebell, but from reading this thread it seems that they can get worse in pregnancy so maybe it can bring them on too?

What a coincidence! I was about to start a new thread on this as i remembered this one from last time i was pregnant! My throat has been so bad this pregnancy and i'm getting daily tonsil stones :cry:

This time of year, I usually get them for a couple of months but so far, I'm pretty lucky :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->