Too early to feel flutters?!

DiamondsR4Eva

Reaction score
Hello all! I am almost 10w and I have been feeling fluttering sensations in my abdomen for the past 3 days. I KNOW it's not gas. I've been pregnant before and I am familiar with both. I've been feeling TWO separate flutters...happens about twice a day but only at night.

Let me just add that I have had severe morning sickness before I even had a missed period. 24/7 to be exact. The gags, the vomiting, the nausea. I even lost about 5 lbs. Luckily, I am still able to force myself to down water here and there. Sucks because when I was preggo with my two boys, I never had a drop of nausea or any kind of MS.

I have a tilted uterus so normally, I do not show until I am about 5 months when I was pregnant with boys. I am now only almost 10w and already starting to get a bulge that I feel I can no longer hide. I am trying to hide until my second tri because I had a MC a month prior to this pregnancy. I have my first prenatal apt next Wednesday...I'm so anxious to know if these double fluttering sensations at 10w is normal???!

Before I got pregnant, I had a dream I had twin girls. My fiancé always jokes to me that I'm pregnant with twins because of the severe MS. One of my fears is being pregnant with twins. They don't run on either side of the family, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned?:shrug:

I know that only an ultrasound will tell, but I would like to hear from experiences about anyone that had double flutters or any kind of fluttering this early. Thank you in advance =)

I don't see why not :) baby is very small right now though but as this isn't your first it could be the feelings of baby :) I'm 18 weeks with my first and haven't felt much tbh but I do have an anterior placenta x

They do say with each subsequent pregnancy you feel the baby sooner.

I felt dd2 at 14 weeks, so I'd say it could well be! How sweet!

I've been feeling a vibrating/fluttering too. <3

I have been feeling this heartbeat type of feeling but with out the consistence. It's also in the same place were baby is (had my 12wk scan on Monday) so I think it's possible even though I have a tilted uterus. I don't feel it everyday but most days and only when I'm sat doing nothing xx

Yep I have for last 2/3 days just like a vibration ... A bit like a tiny washing machine. It's very low down and I only notice it when resting. I remember it from last time but definitely a few weeks earlier this time.

I notice it most when resting on my stomach.

I've been feeling fluttering for about a week now, not constantly or everyday, but every now and then, mainly when im sitting with my legs bent and pulled right into my stomach.
I had an early scan yesterday because i have hyperemesis and baby is bouncing around all over the place in there :thumbup:

I think its definately possible.

I swore i felt flutters one time at 12 weeks with my son, but everyone said it was impossible especially as i had an anterior placenta, but then by 16 weeks i was feeling the same fluttering everyday and by 18 weeks i could feel proper kicks and movement!

How exciting! I'm sure if everything is lined up right you'd deffo feel lil bubba jiggling away now and again, even this early! I felt my first at 13 weeks for definite, tickling and popping! Second wasn't so obvious due his anterior placenta, but he made up for it later by jamming his feet into my stomach every 5 minutes, no mistaking that lol!

Will be looking out for flutters from next week then!!

Thanks to all that have replied. I can compare to the "vibration" feelings because when I felt the flutters, they felt like 3 second pulsations and does happen when I am lying on my back watching tv at night. This is my fiancé's first child so when I mention it to him, he jumps up quickly and actually tries to feel the baby...but I tell him "sorry babe, it's way too early"...but I guess just too early for him to feel ^_^

My hubby felt the first kick at 14/16 weeks, so I would keep a look out for your fiancés hand to grab when you feel baby!

I swear I felt something moving around in there again today.

I felt my dd at 16 weeks but I swear I've felt little popping feelings already, although It could be gas too :haha:

As far as the twins thing is concerned, unfortunately ms and nausea isnt a sign of twins or not andthe oonly way to tell would be to have a scan, I've had less nausea and ms with the twins then I did with my singleton!

I am deffo feeling little movement at 12 weeks which makes me think the feelings at 11weeks weren't me being crazy (my scan pointed out where i had been feeling it exactly)

I felt flutters from 11 weeks, this is my 4th and my belly is showing and hard to hide...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->