Too girly?

HeatherLTBee

Baker Family
Reaction score
My husband and I decided to name our child with both of our middle names (Lee and Lynn)
Now a girl name is super easy...

We decided on Brailee Lynn

But the boy name I worry may be too girly...

Braelynn Lee

What do you guys think??

Honestly if I saw the name Braelynn on a class roster I would think the child was a girl. I think it's a nice name but I think people would probably wrongly assume a lot.

I only know of female Braelynns I think thats mainly why I read it as a female name.

Also, in my opinion Lynn feminizes a name.

With that said I cant really suggest a name.

Linley???

Lynn makes things sound super girly to me but as a middle name I guess it'll only really be you that uses it.

Lynn makes things sound super girly to me but as a middle name I guess it'll only really be you that uses it.

Brailee Lynn is the girls name...

But Braelynn LEE is the boys... I've heard of Braylon and Brayden so I was hoping Braelynn wouldn't be so bad... but I can't get over how girly it does sound..

boys names that feature lyn are:

Brooklyn
Emlyn
Flynn
Glyn
Kaylyn (listed as unisex but I think girl personally)
Llewellyn
Lynden
Lyndon

or lin: (you could switch up the spelling changing I to Y maybe)

Cailin (once again quite girly I think but classed as unisex)
Clinton
Colin
Devlin
Franklin
Lincoln
Linden
Lindon
Linus
Marlin
Merlin

what about Linlee?

boys names that feature lyn are:

Brooklyn
Emlyn
Flynn
Glyn
Kaylyn (listed as unisex but I think girl personally)
Llewellyn
Lynden
Lyndon

or lin: (you could switch up the spelling changing I to Y maybe)

Cailin (once again quite girly I think but classed as unisex)
Clinton
Colin
Devlin
Franklin
Lincoln
Linden
Lindon
Linus
Marlin
Merlin

what about Linlee?

Wow thanks for all the suggestions! :) I like Linlee a lot, but it sounds like Lindsay to me. Maybe I'm just going to have a girl and not have to worry about it hahah.
I really like a lot of those names, but I can't have a "c" name (all of my in-laws grandkids have c names.. and I'm putting it to rest!! In fact my niece's name is Cailyn..)

I really would like the name to start with a B as our last name is Baker and I want the initials to be BB. Corny I know... but I like it..

You could use Linlee/Lynlee as a middle name. I don't think it would come across as 'girly' if you used a more masculine first name.
eg Braydon Linlee?

or Leelin/Leelyn

I really like the idea of it, but I agree, it sounds quite feminine.

Another option could be Leland (Lee-Lynn-d) The D is soft.

:blue:
Bailey
Bentley
Blakeley
Bradley
Brantley

Baylin
Braylon

:pink:
Bailey
Beverly
Brylee
Brynlee

Brooklynn
Braelynn

Other :pink: options:
Linora (Lynn-oar-ah)
Linsey
Adalynn
Helen
Ashlynn

Hadley
Kaylee
Kiley
Rhyleigh
Coralee

Other :blue: options:
Nolan
Rylan
Alan

Finley
??

***Will come back and edit this post when I think of more***

Yeah it sounds feminine.

How about Bradlee Lyndon?

Am I the only one that views Lynn as a unisex middle name? The only people I know with it are men do I've always seen it as quite unisex. FIl is a Michael Lynn my friends dad is a Terry Lynn I have a friend Stephen Lynn and and Uncle Jerry Lynn.

Maybe I just come from a weird area lol

Feminine.

Linden?

I'd scrap the lynn spelling altogether for a boy.

Am I the only one that views Lynn as a unisex middle name? The only people I know with it are men do I've always seen it as quite unisex. FIl is a Michael Lynn my friends dad is a Terry Lynn I have a friend Stephen Lynn and and Uncle Jerry Lynn.

Maybe I just come from a weird area lol

We have "Lynn" used as a middle name for boys in our family, too. I usually view it as more feminine, unless you use it with a clearly masculine first name. Ours are Thomas Lynn and his son, Brandon Lynn. Those don't really bother me at all.

To OP, you said you would like a B name, well a PP suggested Bradlee...seems like a pretty good fit to me. Or you could mimic the "lynn" sound: Lachlan or Declan. Not exact, but Declan Lee sounds nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->