too hydrated or no ovulation - OPK

jess31187

Reaction score
We've been TTC for 8 months...this was my first cycle using Wondfu OPKs... I started testing 2 times a day at CD 9 and then up to 3 times a day at CD 12... I had consistent light-med dark lines, but never got a true positive, "as dark or darker than the control line." I tested all the way till CD 22, when I line was almost not there. I drink a lot of water and tea during the day and my urine is always pretty light. My lines were always a little darker using FMU, but again never "positive" dark. It is possible I just drank too much water or did I just not ovulate this cycle?

We still BD every other day (except for a few days when I was out of town, which may have been prime fertile time =/) but I've been feeling pretty bloaty/crampy with back aches and had some sharp twinges earlier this week on my right side. I am just frustrated because I was really hoping to know my ovulation date this cycle =(

I dunno, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Yes it's totally possible. I find wondfo to be pretty sensitive, but it really depends on each woman's lh surge. The different brands have different sensitivities. Clearblue was rated one of the most sensitive, but wondfo was not in the mix studied. However, even with the most sensitive brands, some women don't get enough lh in their blood to make both lines equal on a urine test...or urine is diluted etc. You might want to temp for a couple months to get a feeling for what a positive test looks like for you and then you can know for future months (or hopefully you will get a bfp this month and not have to worry about it!!)

It sounds like you did O, but I agree that temping will help you know for sure. I think you have probably been too hydrated for accurate testing, and I hope your O and BD times match up well for a BFP! If you don't get your BFP this cycle, when you use your opks next cycle, you should probably try to drink nothing for 2 hours before testing. I usually drink tons of water and tea as well, so the easiest and most effective time for me to test is 2 hours after I get up and have my first pee of the day since my FMU usually doesn't work well for opks, so it's usually about 9am for my first test. I don't drink anything until that time. After that, I drink all I want until almost the end of my work day, abstain from drinking for another 2 hours and test again at about 6:30pm, then drink as much water as I feel like from dinner to bedtime. Hope this helps!

I've always used Internet cheapies for OPK, and never ever had a real positive. I feel its all about you as an individual as to how dark your positive gets. ANY kind of line signifies a positive for me, its totally negative (not even a squinter) the rest of the month, I know its 100% for me, as had 4 bfp's, with charting and OPK'ing.

If you chart, and you OPK, and the temp shift occurs at the same time, then I would say whatever line you got (provided its not the same the rest of the month!) is your average :)x

Thanks! I will definitely chart my temp next month (if needed =) I tried last month, but kept forgetting when I woke up, go figure! FX, thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->