Too many B's??

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi

My child's surname is Batista and I love the name Betsy but when I've slipped it into conversations it's not gone down too well.

What are your thoughts? Honest options please :)

Bx

Thanks ladies, they say it sounds like a cartoon character. I like quite short names so it would just be Betsy. There probably would be a middle name too but I haven't got that far just yet. Any ideas?!

Bx

I'm nota huge fan of alliteration in names. I don't think it's entirely un-usable either but I have to agree that it reminds me a character from a cartoon or book. That said, that's not necessarily a bad thing and I can see her growing into it and making it her own. At the end of the day, YOU have to like it and be confident that she will as well.

I ruled out a name I loved due to alliteration. I also think it sounds abut cartoony.

It does sound cool and flows nicely but I wouldn't use it myself.

Could you give her the full name Elizabeth then use Betsy as the nn?

I rather like it. It does have a bit of a cartoon flare but possibly a middle name will help. Or like pp said use it as a nickname for Elizabeth.

Wouldn't be an issue for me, I think Betsy itself is kind of cartoon-ish, don't think the alliteration alone makes it so (I know tons of people with the same first letter of first & last name and it's never crossed my mind).

Thank you ladies!
It's still a contender I think. To be honest, if I marry my other half I'll also be BB ha so she wouldn't be alone!
I'm not very keen on Elizabeth, it's not really my style of name (beautiful, just not me) but I do like Eliza!

Bx

I dont think double is and issue but Bet and Bat sounding both too harsh IMO

I think Eliza would be a lovely name with Batista 💖

I have an Alice Allonby and Ellen Allonby.
I did try and avoid As and L's - clearly not very well, because I just kept coming back to the names and I loved them, even if I wasnt a fan of them with our surname. I just figured I'd regret not using the names I loved and that the first and last names aren't often said together. I gave both long Middle names (Victoria and Elizabeth) to try and break the names up a bit too x

It sounds like a comic book characters name to me, the two names sound very similar; I think if you chose another B first name (Beatrice, Bella, Beth, Bonnie, Bailey etc) you might not get the cartoon comments. That said, I actually think it sounds really cool, and a lot of people would love having a "statement" name :)

Thank you ladies for all f your responses!
I haven't even mentioned the name to my other half yet so he could totally hate it. What names do you all have?

The girls names I like are;
Betsy
Aria
Eliza

Boys;
Arlo
Lucas

Bx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics