Too many names?

wish4baby

Reaction score
So, we had decided on Emma Marie for our new little bundle! (middle name after my maternal grandmother, Marie - we already told her lo would have her name as a middle)
BUT, my paternal grandmother passed away, somewhat unexpectedly, last week and I want to give baby her name as well - Catherine. I like the name Emma Catherine Marie R-, but is it too many names? What is everyone's opinion on having 2 middle names?

I think it sounds lovely.

All four of my kids have two middle names, and so does my nephew.

i think it is very cute :) and it doesnt sound like its too much :)

I like it too. Four names in total is fine (my maximum though). It has a nice flow.

thats nothing unusual about it now a days but 2 middle names is not something I would do, you can always save a name for the next child if your having more or combine the names to make something that honors both but is unique to your child

my son is Jake = Jack + Kev (his uncles names)

some ideas:

Carrie
Marine
Catie

Thank you for your input!
We are not having anymore (this one was our surprise, cherry-on-top baby!) so we can't really save one of the names.
That's a cute idea about combining, I'll think on it. It can't be Carrie because that was my grandmas nickname, so it wouldn't really have the Marie in it...

I'm not a fan but would def go with it because it's meaningful to you and they do flow well x

I think your four names sound lovely together. I've also got two middle names x

I think it goes well. This little guy is having two middle names too :)

My nephew has two middle names and I think it sounds fine. They are meaningful to our family after a loved one who died in war.

I'm not a fan of more than one middle name but if they have meaning to you then why not xx

When my LB was born we chose a name we hadn't even considered. (2 middle names) Max Christopher Lewis ____ (last name). Christopher is my grandads name and Lewis is OH's middle name. We just decided we wanted to use both names. I think 2 middle names is fine, you'll only use her first name anyway. :)

Sounds lovely. Both mine have 2 middle names and my niece also has 2 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->