too much food?

weffi82

Reaction score
When my baby boy was born he weighed 11lb2, he is now 14wk and is prob 18lb+ (not been weghed for few week). He feeds every 30mins maybe an hour between feeds if im lucky. My hubby says im feeding him too much an he is too fat but surely if he didnt want to feed he wouldnt? The hv hasnt said anything about his weight but hubby is making me feel really guilty for feeding the baby when he is crying.

I'm not one to say 'don't feed a hungry baby' but 30 mins between feeds seems extreme if it is all day every day.

Is he eating to comfort something perhaps - like pain from (silent) reflux or wind? These can mimic hunger and sucking can bring relief.

My LO went through stages where she fed a lot (newborn stage obviously is a constant growth spurt so I'm not talking about the first 2 months) but usually this was because it was very hot and she was thirsty, or she had a virus.

If it has only recently started it could be the three month growth spurt but if this has been an issue since day one I'd consider getting a medical opinion about reflux, wind etc.

My LO used to feed every 30 min-1 hour. He had reflux so was comfort sucking but he did turn out to be a very chubby baby (rolls on rolls). I went with it. If it gives him relief from whatever or gives him comfort why would I not. Breastfeeding is so much more than food!!!! It was draining at times and i had to make sure i ate really well. He started to naturally space out his feeds at 5 months but now LO is 9 months and on the go those rolls are dropping off very very fast!

Tell him to go educate himself before he criticizes you for taking care of your child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->