Too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherofboys

Reaction score
I really want to make my eldest feel special since he announced he doesn't believe in Santa.
I've asked if he wants to eat Santas mince pie on Christmas Eve and he seemed quiet enthusiastic about it.
I'm also considering letting him choose a present got each of his brothers and wrap it himself with a label saying "From Santas Little Helper" and put them at the ends of their beds so it's the first thing they open. I'll also put one at the end of his bed saying "To Santas Little Helper"
I did think about letting him help put the presents out but I don't want it to be too different. I think he may have more trouble than usual sleeping if he has already seen the pile lol

Now I'm thinking about Elf on the Shelf. We've never done this before, but I'm thinking maybe it could be something new, and be his special thing to do, move the Elf around each night before he goes to bed (once the others have gone up) but I don't know if it would be too much.
I don't want everything to change all at once and try TOO hard to make him feel special.

I think it's a nice idea. He's lost one tradition (the Santa thing) but he's gaining a new one. I'm going to pinch this idea when my eldest outgrows Santa (not for a few years yet I hope!) we're starting elf on the shelf this year but when he no longer believes he can help me with it.
I'm sure your LO will have lots of fun doing it xx

I think that's perfect! Hopefully it'll encourage him to help keep the magic alive for your younger ones.

Aww that's really nice, I'm sure he will love having his own secret missions:thumbup:

Thanks ladies, I think I'll be on the hunt for an Elf now

Yeah that's a great idea and what about instead of putting the present under his brothers bed help you make a little clue and hunt to find there present :) xx

I think that's a good idea, defiantly not too much. DD1 still believes, or so she says but as she's 11 and were only starting elf on the shelf this year I've told her the truth about it, thought it might be pushing it too try and get her to believe that one lol. She's also going to help us place him each night.

After christmas I will be telling her that santa isn't real as she goes to secondary next year, I'll be letting her do the same next year, help me wrap, possibly choose a present for each etc

Everything else I could think of involved him knowing too many of their presents. I didn't want him to let something slip, even though the younger ones probably wouldn't believe him. If he did tell them by accident then when they opened those things Christmas morning and saw he was right it might put doubt in their minds too. I think it will be different when he is a bit older and better able to keep that secret. He is only 8 at the moment. I'm still so sad about it but he doesn't seem too worried. He still says in front of the others "I'll put this on my Santa list, and if he can get it then he'll wrap it up for me won't he?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"