too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCS

Reaction score
DS said he wants to do snowman soup for all his buddies at school. But OH thinks its a bit odd. So I suggested a candy cane with a ribbon tied in a bow attached to the front of the card. But apparently that sounds too fancy for a bunch of 3 year olds.

What do you think? I wanted to do little bags of reindeer food but again OH said it was odd.
Tbh we don't know how many of the kids actually do Christmas at home so I dunno. Maybe just a card?

I made reindeer food for my daughters class this year.
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0352_zpsa7d9e02b.jpg[/IMG]
Last year I made it in little bags & several parents said how excited their children were to put it out on christmas eve.
A few other children take in gifts such as a gingerbread man made into rudolph. How about making those instead. (google reindeer gingerbread man)
Poundland sell the little christmas bags to put them in.

If you don't want to make anything how about buying the christmas chocolate lollies from morrisons/tesco to add to the card. x

Snowman soup would be nice, plus if they don't do Christmas it's not a problem...snowmen are just a winter thing too :) It's a lovely idea xx

I think it sounds too much tbh. My house is full of stuff, esp at this time of year, and I don't want extra stuff coming in. My kids get loads of sweets anyway. And I wouldn't want to have to buy you a present back. Keep your money for something else!

I do like Christmas!

I'd do a chocolate coin or lolly in a Christmas card and leave it at that x

Thanks all. He picked out some mini candy cane so thought we would just pop one in the card.

Personally, i think a card is more than enough

Personally, i think a card is more than enough

Agree. We made gifts for the teachers, but didn't even occur to me to do something for all the kids in his class. That's a lot of kids to make something for...so no. LOL. I think the card and small candy cane are just fine OP, but certainly wouldn't put more effort into it than that.

I made reindeer food for my daughters class this year.
[IMG]https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/marmaduke81/SAM_0352_zpsa7d9e02b.jpg[/IMG]
Last year I made it in little bags & several parents said how excited their children were to put it out on christmas eve.
A few other children take in gifts such as a gingerbread man made into rudolph. How about making those instead. (google reindeer gingerbread man)
Poundland sell the little christmas bags to put them in.

If you don't want to make anything how about buying the christmas chocolate lollies from morrisons/tesco to add to the card. x

Marmaduke where did you get the jars from? X

I used baby food jars & just spray painted all the lids silver. x

i just do cards for kids at school. this year ds2 has done cards with chocolate coins in for kids at his clubs.
I think something small like a little bag of reindeer food or snowman soup is ok if its a small group, maybe just his friends. ds3 brought out a big cellophane bag of sweets that a girl had given everyone and when its like that a lot of the parents do think its the other parent being competitive.
i must say apart from other competitive parents who try to go one better i've never seen or felt the need to buy them something back because they've chosen to give out sweets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"