Too scared to take a test!

hopeful2797

Reaction score
So here I am on CD 37. I just came off birth control last month though, so this may be normal, I'm not sure. What I'm not sure of is if I should be experiencing "symptoms" like I am.

First off, there's the insomnia. I wake up at least 5 times a night and also sometimes lay awake for hours at a time because I can't get back to sleep.

Second, my nipples and boobs have been sore. Not EXCRUCIATING like they were the last time I was pregnant, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Third, I have been kinda crampy and also crying for no reason.

I am wondering if these could be PMS symptoms, considering the fact that they have been going on for more than a week. Is there any reason besides pregnancy or an impending period that could cause sore nipples? The insomnia I could write off as something else, but the ladies being sore have me wondering.

I just hate testing to see a negative! Plus, before birth control I never had very irregular cycles, so I can't decide if a 37 day cycle + really counts as a long cycle or not!

Any advice? :dohh:

So here I am on CD 37. I just came off birth control last month though, so this may be normal, I'm not sure. What I'm not sure of is if I should be experiencing "symptoms" like I am.

First off, there's the insomnia. I wake up at least 5 times a night and also sometimes lay awake for hours at a time because I can't get back to sleep.

Second, my nipples and boobs have been sore. Not EXCRUCIATING like they were the last time I was pregnant, so I'm not sure if that counts.

Third, I have been kinda crampy and also crying for no reason.

I am wondering if these could be PMS symptoms, considering the fact that they have been going on for more than a week. Is there any reason besides pregnancy or an impending period that could cause sore nipples? The insomnia I could write off as something else, but the ladies being sore have me wondering.

I just hate testing to see a negative! Plus, before birth control I never had very irregular cycles, so I can't decide if a 37 day cycle + really counts as a long cycle or not!

Any advice? :dohh:

Since you just got off the pill, I'd say try to stay calm but don't get your hopes up too much.. although, when I got off the pill I immediately started regular periods, and was regular for an entire year until last month when I was 4 days late.

Everyone is different, and it may be time to take a test. Usually cycles can give a 5 day grace period (as I heard).. so it seems you're past those 5 days.

Take a test, this may be a good time to do it. If it's a BFN and you're still late five days later, call your OB.

It depends on how long you were on the pill. I was on it for less than 5 years, and I instantly regulated. Some women can be on it their whole lives, and when they quit, their cycles resume regularity, but that isn't always the case. Your ovaries were dependent on externally supplied hormones, so they may be taking their time with getting started up again on their own.

It does sound like you are presenting positively though.

hehe @Sarah hey I told you that about your cycle maybe having a 5 day period :winkwink: Not everyone has a 5 day grace period, however. It is based on your patterns. Some people are truly 100% regular (like I was with before my first son). I would start on the 28th day... it was so specific that I would start on a Thursday every month. Now I have a cycle ranging from 24-27 days. My range is about 4 (24, 25, 26, or 27) days. I will know not to let myself get too excited until after day 27. If you have ever fluctuated, count that into your estimated af due date. If that makes sense?

Ie: If you are normally 28-32 days, then don't test before that 32nd, but if you are always 30 days, and you are now riding cd 37, then I would say you might want to test.

It is really up to you, but it sounds like an answer, either way, would put your mind at ease. Were you temping? It would be a good idea for you to temp in this new phase of being off the pill. It might help you more confidently track your ovulation, af, etc.

I hope this helps! Keep us posted :dust: to you

It depends on how long you were on the pill. I was on it for less than 5 years, and I instantly regulated. Some women can be on it their whole lives, and when they quit, their cycles resume regularity, but that isn't always the case. Your ovaries were dependent on externally supplied hormones, so they may be taking their time with getting started up again on their own.

I was only on the pill for 4 months. :blush: I just couldn't stand the thought of some chemically altered cycle so I got off of it.

The problem is that I have never had regular cycles and they have always been long. My longest one since I have been keeping track was over 100 days and then apparently I ovulated and got pregnant. Others ran anywhere between 30-50 days.

I guess I'll just take a test and see. My hopes aren't up, I just wish I could understand my body more!

Temping is almost next to impossible since my schedule varies all the time. :dohh:

Thanks for the replies, though!

I was only on the pill for 4 months. :blush: I just couldn't stand the thought of some chemically altered cycle so I got off of it.

The problem is that I have never had regular cycles and they have always been long. My longest one since I have been keeping track was over 100 days and then apparently I ovulated and got pregnant. Others ran anywhere between 30-50 days.

I guess I'll just take a test and see. My hopes aren't up, I just wish I could understand my body more!

Temping is almost next to impossible since my schedule varies all the time. :dohh:

Thanks for the replies, though!

haha don't be embarrassed. I took myself off of it too (I was put on it at 13 and went off at 16 or 17 because I didn't like that I went from having no PMS to a raging maniac. It doesn't do that to everyone, but my experiences was that it made everything worse. So I totally know what you mean.

If you really want to track your temps, you can try doing it before bed. You just have to be stationary, resting in your bed for at least 30 minutes. It isn't as accurate as the morning, but if you make it consistent, then you will be able to see patterns :) Of course, you don't have to do that either if your nighttime schedule is also all over the board, but it can be helpful.

That is quite a range for numbers. I would guess that the best way would be temping, but that isn't the be-all-end-all. :shrug: That's tough! :hugs:

I just wanted to post an update on this. After days of smells making me sick and wanting to snap peoples' heads off for no reason and crying at the drop of a hat, I went home from work last night and immediately fell asleep. None of that was like me at all so I sucked it up and went and bought a test. BFP.

Now the scary part starts. My last pregnancy I didn't know about until I was 13 weeks, so I got to skip the scary 1st trimester. Sadly that pregnancy ended with an incompetent cervix at 21w3d. So now I'm on pins and needles.

Congrats on the :bfp:

I know that you must be scared, but you can totally do this hun

I'm so sorry that you are scared! I cannot imagine your fear, but talk to your doctors and tell them your concerns.

:hugs:

Hi just caught up with this thread. Congratulations on your bfp! I'm so sorry for your previous loss, but as you suffered from incompetent cervix you should see your dr asap and tell them. They will put a stitch in your cervix to help you go to full term. You may need to go on bed rest at some point, but drs a very capable of sustaining the pregnancies of women with ic. H and H 9 months to you x x

Hi just caught up with this thread. Congratulations on your bfp! I'm so sorry for your previous loss, but as you suffered from incompetent cervix you should see your dr asap and tell them. They will put a stitch in your cervix to help you go to full term. You may need to go on bed rest at some point, but drs a very capable of sustaining the pregnancies of women with ic. H and H 9 months to you x x

Congratulations!! :happydance:

Sorry to hear of your previous loss I can't even begin to imagine the pain, but here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you and a rainbow after the storm xxx :flower:

Like the PP said, see your dr ASAP and they will sort out putting a stitch in your cervix to prevent it from happening again.

Good luck lovely xxx

Congratulations!! :happydance:

Sorry to hear of your previous loss I can't even begin to imagine the pain, but here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you and a rainbow after the storm xxx :flower:

Like the PP said, see your dr ASAP and they will sort out putting a stitch in your cervix to prevent it from happening again.

Good luck lovely xxx

Thank you! I have scheduled an appointment and the earliest they could get me in is the 5th. Of course, no high risk doctors are covered by my insurance, so I picked the best OB I could find based on reviews and I hope he can figure something out. I talked to my last doctor about the stitch and she said they wouldn't place it until at least 12 weeks. Here's to hoping this one cooks the whole time! :winkwink:

I think 12 weeks is the norm from what I've read. That should be fine though, because ic only becomes dangerous when the baby gets bigger and your uterus starts to put pressure on your cervix. Loads of luck to you x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->