Too similar for siblings?

BethHx

expecting #2
Reaction score
dd is called Isabelle.
We love the name Ella if we have another girl (it was going to be Isabelle's name)

Are Isabelle and Ella to similar?
We call her izzy or belles. X

I have an isabella who we call Belles. Love the name ella and dont think its too similar. If your other daughter was isabella itd b a problem but its fine with isabelle

Izabelle is very long and Ella is very short I think it would work better if you used something like Elinore or Elyssa and nickname her Ella

the nicknames Izzy and Ella are cute (Ella and Belle are quite similar though)

I think so, yeah. If you like Ella than perhaps shorten Isabelle to Ella?

I think if Isabelle was an Isabella then maybe it would've been an issue but as long as Isabelle's nickname isn't ell or ella I wouldn't even make the connection that its too similar if I ever met them. Gorgeous names :)

I agree maybe go with something along the lines of Eleanor, Elliot, Elaine, etc. and use NN Ella.

I knew siblings that are Rosabella (Bella) and Gabriella. Seems super similar to me, but hopefully they go with Gabby as nn (I've lost contact with them to know baby's NN if any)

Izzy & Ella are super cute!

They're not too similar at all. If you are worried though, I would go with pp suggestion. Use a longer name and nn Ella.

Love Izzy and Ella either way :)

Thanks everyone. I really dislike Eleanor but we have considered using Eliza with Ella as a nn.

Love Izzy and Ella :)

My DD is called Isabel and we call her belly lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"