Too small clothes.

Dona

Reaction score
I have 6 black bags full of boys clothes and shoes that are now too small for Archie. What did you do with your LO's small clothes? I'm thinking of selling them as they are all GAP, Mama and Papas and designer ones out of Harvey Nicks but I dunno if people would buy them. Totally at a loss about what to do?

HELP!

i am giving all of sydnee's prem clothes to our neo natal unit as they so kindly donated some to us on our first night in hospital. All the other clothes in bigger sizes you could either sell or maybe give them to a charity shop? Our local birthing centre sells baby clothes to raise money for equipment, maybe donate some to a bc near you. Just a few ideas. xx

I initially said id donate them to the NICU but after a while I could not part with anything :dohh: also another baby is something we would hopefully try for in nearish future and felt Id rather be prepared 'just in case' the next one had to come early too so held on to the majority of stuff.

Maybe vests, knitting, babygrows etc donate to NICU or a charity like Barnardos but the good stuff that you know wont be needed for early babies by all means sell via ebay or somewhere too good to just get rid off, any money you make can go in Archie's uni fund :thumbup:

Im terrible for parting with Matthew's stuff in case I get to reuse it, wait see my next one will be a girl haha xx

I gave knitted items to our NICU.

I've just sold some <5lb and <6lb stuff on eBay. Didn't want to, but really don't have the storage space to keep them just on the off-chance we decide to have a No.2 and they turn out to be just as small!

If you're not sure what sells, check out the Sell/Swap section of BnB - you'll find that stuff does shift on there, pretty quickly it seems!

ha-im the same as Bumpsmum. . .I just cant bear to part with any!

Lucky for me, Iv already got a bump that's going to need its own postcode soon :haha: so Iv been digging it all out again to see if any is worth reusing.

If not and you'd want to get new stuff for your potential new one in a few years, then Id sort through it and give the prem stuff to the hosp, and the rest Id either ebay (to buy more new ones with the money!) or ask the HV's if they know of anyone needy in the community who might need some new clothes for their Lo.

xx

Thanks Girlies, all the prem clothing ive already donated to the Neonatal Unit. Like Gillian and Donna, I find it hard parting with Archie's stuff. But I am running out of storage! If I have another baby, I'll buy new clothes. Arghhhh Dunno what to do...! Arghhhhh I might sell them on gumtree or ebay - well the good stuff. xxx

i have all of Reeses baby clothes still & she is 5 :blush: Sydnee is supposed to be our last baby but when my sister said "when she grows out of the moses basket you can sell it" i snapped at her lol. Sydnee's tiny clothes are in a box ready for the neonatal unit & because alot of people gave us the tiny clothes it makes it a teeny weeny bit easier to part with it (although i have kept a few tiny bits for her keepsake box) i think i need to get a grip, i cant have tons of baby bits in my house until they are teenagers! :haha:

I gave the preemie stuff to NNICU. I intend to keep a few her good outfits for the next one (but knowing my luck it'll be a boy!) I'm also holding on to certain things, like the stuff that grandma knitted. I have a bunch of those vacuum bags and they will go in the loft.

I've just given away a bag of vests and sleepsuits to a colleague of Mr Foo's who is about to have a wee boy - luckily none of these were in "girl" colours and in fact, many of her sleep suits were boy ones anyway! I've also "lent" our baby bath, moses basket etc to Alan's colleague. We will hopefully need them eventually, but as I said, no point in them taking up space in our loft and her going out and buying stuff she'd only use for a few months.

If I did have a load of good clothes, I'd sell them on Ebay, people do buy plenty from there. Or do a car boot sale, that can be a great laugh! Anything not worth selling could go to the charity shop, but I also use Freecycle and see plenty of baby clothes offered on there.

If you know a few mums with different aged babies, you could have a clothes swapping party. Everyone takes a bag of their stuff, and takes away anything anyone else has that they fancy. Great excuse for an evening of wine!

ohhhhh clothes swapping party and wine, me likies the sound o that :drunk::wine: xx

I would have gave to the neonatal but Simon took me into the room with all the clothes and there was LOADS!!!!!!!!!!! I kinda feel I'd just be overloading them, so I'm lost!

....i resisted any temptations....

it was hard......

:rofl:

....I'm dreaming now.......*sigh!*

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Simon sounds more intriguing with each new thread.

This is an interesting thread though as I have sorted out Emily's clothes, I can't believe she was ever as small as she was, her first babygrows are the cutest.
I did mull over giving the clothes to the Neonatal units however they have so many like SB22 I did not want to overload them. I have decided to sell them via Ebay...it is good to hear Marleysgirl sold her stuff, just goes to show someone will have them.
Like all of you, it is the parting with them that can be hard, especially the tiny clothes...

Thats another thing, I cant part with them....

look girls, i did try and get a sneaky photo but it never happened, i will insist again though!

I kept all of Lakai's preemie/hospital outfits almost, except for a few I gave to another micropreemie at our NICU. I have hung on to a lot of Lakai's other baby clothing, mostly because I just cant let it go...and because we plan to have anot!er baby..maybe.

The NNU that the twins were in were desperately looking for clothes and whilst I was there I got talking to a NNU nurse who said that their budget dont stretch to clothes and they are not entitled (being NHS) to apply for the national lottery fund for stuff like that so they rely heavily on the old peoples homes where they knit tiny little clothes like hats and booties!
I ended up giving them tons and tons of stuff I had for the girls and I also kept a few bits to show them when they are older how small they were!!!
I sold the rest that they didnt want on Ebay, not for very much but it de-cluttered my house lol
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->