Too tired to function

wonderstruck

Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling this way? I got off work at 2 today and literally napped for 6 hours. I had to force myself to get up or I would have just slept all night. I have so much to get done but I'm too exhausted to do any of it, regardless of how much sleep I get or what my activity level is. I just feel so drained. Will I ever get my energy back?

I'm sleeping loads too and I'm still wanting to nap. I'm a grumpy mum at the moment and really want this to pass. It's supposed to get better in 2nd tri, so here's hoping!

Yup I can easily sleep 10-12 hours at night, take a 2 hour nap then be back in bed by 10. I'm ready to feel normal again!

I felt like that the whole first trimester, sadly. It was so miserable trying to stay awake chasing after my 5 and 3 year old who neither naps lol but it does get better! Energy increased for me a lot when I hit second trimester. I hope it gets better for you quicker!!

Right here with you. Although I must say the exhaustion I felt between weeks 4-5 was particularly bad! It got slightly better for me but I still need naps...

I sometimes now can't even function without a nap. Put it this way I slept from 3pm til around 8pm was ment to be an hours nap haha and then went to bed and slept all night too and still felt tired !!!!! Exhaustion has been my friend from before I even found out I was pregnant that's how I knew I was it eased for a few days at one point but come back with a vengeance haha hard isn't it Hun but it's a good sign hcg is progressing :) xx

That's been me the last 3 months, especially at work! It did start to ease up around 10 weeks where I could stay up past 8 pm and still function the next day, and I feel a whole lot better now at 12 weeks. Hang in there!

I feel like this constantly napping when I'm at home in the day and asleep by 9 at night because I physically can't stay awake! Hope it lets up soon for us xx

same here. I have two lively boys to chase after as well so im knackered! They get up at 6am then it can be 8-830pm when they are finally quiet and all asleep! Then its onto houseworkd and maybe some time to myself!

Absolutely! I hv a 2.5 year old...when he naps, I nap..lol! I don't remember being this tired so early with my first. Starting to get nauseous now too! Good problems to hv I guess since it means we get a healthy, cute little nugget in a few months!

Absolutely exhausted here too. I can't stay awake past 8pm, and have trouble waking up come 6am. I get absolutely exhausted midday and want to nap so badly I could cry!!

Yes. Yes. Yes. I thought it was just me. I thought 5 weeks was too early. I have 3 lively boys to chase after 8,4,2 and it's half term too. I have been falling asleep on the sofa. Micro sleeps of about 30 seconds to 2 mins.

Glad it isn't just me. I'm intrigued to find out what my iron levels are as always
Been. Wry low in previous pregnancies and now I am vegetarian.

Hears hoping we all have a spurt of energy soon

Exhausted doesn't even cover it. I needed a nap to recover from climbing the stairs this morning. I'm not sure if mine is the anti sickness meds or dehydration or just pregnancy.

Wonderstruck... We are very close together dates wise... Exciting!!!

The exhaustion is killing me too! I have been complaining to OH that it's already ruining my social life. I scheduled lunch with my best friend today as I knew I would struggle with dinner. Who knew I'd crash mid-morning and nap all the way through our time?? I really hope this gets better.

Ugh, yes! It's awful. My 17 month old barely naps and has never been a great sleeper, so it's so hard to get enough rest around here. Add the fact that he's a busy body, never sits still, and still nurses 10 times a day... Whew. I'm beat!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->