Tooth Extraction/Fillings

zilla

Reaction score
I just swallowed one of my fillings :(
I have a dentist appointment next week - will they be able to do another filling or take the tooth out at the moment, or will I have to wait until baby is born?
x

I was just at my dentist for a cleaning. They found a couple cavities, but I have to wait until after baby is born to fill them. He said that they don't do any procedures in the last trimester.

Thank you! X
Hope they go OK when you have them done x

It all depends on who you see.

My OB and dentist wouldn't agree that waiting is worth the risk of oral infection. I've had my wisdom teeth removed and had two root canals in 2nd and 3rd trimester (my teeth really went to heck while being pregnant and that's pretty typical). Not treating them could have left me at risk of much bigger problems so I had all done with no trouble.

I wouldn't hesitate to call and ask what they think is best for you :thumbup:

Oh no, that doesn't sound nice at all!
I guess pregnancy affects teeth just like it affects everything else.
My great grandma lost all of her teeth when she was pregnant with one of her children. Scary stuff!

I had teeth work at 29, 33, and I think 34 weeks pregnant. It was horrible but only because I had to lay on my back the whole time. They numbed me with pregnancy safe numbing stuff and my ob and dentist were both comfortable with it

im getting a 2 fillings done on the 1st of Dec, ill be 36 weeks .. think just depends on your dentist & how badly it needs done xx

I haven't had a filling while pregnant but I seem to have a funny reaction to the injections so mentioned it last time I had a filling and the dentist offered to do it without but to tell me if it hurt. I was surprised that it didn't hurt at all even though it was quite deep. If I needed a filling while pregnant I'd try doing it without the injection first.

I just had two fillings done (my teeth have also gone down the tube with two close pregnancies) at 27 weeks. My ob said leaving it would be worse than taking care of it. My dentist was very accommodating and let me lay tilted to my side which helps a lot. I'm sure your ob and dentist will give you good direction. good luck to you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->