tooth/gum aching-24 weeks

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone else find their teeth/gums 'ache'? Its not a sensitivity because its all the time, not just when i eat or drink.. its not a specific tooth either so i dont think a dental appt would be much use.. its my whole lower gum at the front.. and its like an ache..
I dont remember this from last time.. i am 24+4

Thanks!

I saw hygienist in first trimester and she told me its common fr pregnant women to have sensitive gums. Mine were fine, but bleeding easily. She told me as well to really take care of teeth well as inflamed gums can lead to preterm labour. No kidding. Don't want to scare you, but make that dental appointment & check if its an infection. If so, it needs treatment. Take Care!!

Edit to add: its called periodontitis. It's a gum disease.

I had this at around 14 Weeks- it was my lower left side- my jaw hurt, so did my ear and head!

It's caused by inflammation of the gums due to hormones and can lead to infection sometimes. I chewed on cloves and just Held them over the spot that hurt in my mouth and gosh couldn't believe the relief. The pain lasted about 2 days.

I had been eating a lot more sweet stuff though so I have increased my brushing and flossing schedule and well I haven't had it come back.

Always good to check with the dentist but more than likely they will tell u to have a stricter cleaning schedule just to prevent any infection from happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->