• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Tooth just fell out!

shorman

Mum to 2 girl and babyboy
Reaction score
Omg part of my tooth fell out and I accede fly swallowed it :( will this hurt baby ? Have made a dental appointment .

I the dentist and they said be Said they would have to take the rest of the tooth out not a happy bunny :-( it's my fault for not going as much as I
Should but I don't no wether if they will be able to numb me?

It won't harm the baby as it will just go into your stomach!poor you though- i have heard teeth can get weaker when pregnant so it is important to have more check ups. Hope it goes ok x

I had a broken off bit very early on! They had to take some more off and rebuild. My dentist did numb me with an injection, but apparently not the "normal stuff" :)

Good Luck

Poor you! I hope they can bridge it nicely for you. My teeth have felt very weak recently- I have major bleeding when I brush (like a horror movie!) and they generally feel like they could be moved with just a finger! I brush them about 5 times per day bit they never feel clean and have dulled a bit. This is a reminder for me to make an appt for a check up ASAP!

Oh dear poor you! my teeth are bad enough to begin with. Note to self : book appointment.

I had one out at 12 weeks and they numbed it with an injection which hurt more than the toothache I originally went with :wacko:

It's actually very good to go to the dentist while you're pregnant.
The rise in hormone levels during pregnancy causes the gums to swell, bleed, and trap food causing increased irritation to your gums. Preventive dental work is essential to avoid oral infections such as gum disease, which has been linked to preterm birth.

I know I need a couple of fillings. Previously i have paid for private white fillings but rumour has it the NHS will only give white fillings when you are pregnant. Anyone know about this? x

I know I need a couple of fillings. Previously i have paid for private white fillings but rumour has it the NHS will only give white fillings when you are pregnant. Anyone know about this? x

Do you mean black fillings? Even when preg NHS will only do black ones i think x

It's true!! It's because of the mercury in the silver fillings I think, xx

Mine was alsoa white filling come to think of it. I love it...looks so much better than those silver ones...maybe I should go for a checkup and have a complete teeth re-makeover ....

I just had a tooth pulled and the dentist used the regular stuff to numb it. He gave me vicodin and advil to take for a few days. It's much better now. I feel it took a few more days to stop hurting than a previous tooth that was pulled. I think it's cause the gums swell more during pregnancy.

As far as the part you swallowed....what I've read online says it should just pass in your stool. It's gross, but if you want to make sure you can strain your stool. It's recommended that if there's any concern about it not passing that they can do a colonoscopy and upper GI...but it didn't say anything about pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"