Top books please

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
I want to get my dd who is neadly 16 months some books for me to read to her and also some books for my 3 year old.

I would prefer some with larger writing and pictures rather than small writing.

What are your top book suggestions for my ds and dd please and best place to buy?

Thanks!

Christmas books or in general? I'm doing a books a day ij december until Christmas eve these are some I've got

- the jolly christmas postman
- the dinosaur that pooped christmas
- dear father christmas
- father christmas needs a wee
- Mog's christmas
- the night before christmas
- how many sleeps till christmas?
- the christmas bear
- norman the slug that saved christmas
- father christmas comes up trumps
- the nightmare before christmas

My lo loves the Pip & Posey books. The book people have a deal on a 3 book set. He also loves Paddington. I got a collection book that has 6 stories in it. The illustrations are lovely. Any of the Julia Donaldson books are fab, favourites being Gruffalo, Tabby McTat, Charlie Cook...again the book people do a 10 book set for around a tenner. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a lovely book.

Thanks both :) will have a look at the suggested books.

And looking for books in general not just for christmas time x

Anything by Julia Donaldson for 3 year old, my 5 year old (autistic so could be compared to a 3 year old) absolutely loves "The highway rat" and has it every night as 1 of his 2 bedtime stories!

The Works do 10 books for £10 whic hare fab, there is quite a few classics on there such as going on a bear hunt as well. my dd loves them

Some favourites with my 3 year old:

-Halibut Jackson
-You Choose
-Slinky Malinki (and all the Hairy McClary books)
-Anything by Julia Donaldson but especially Tabby McTatt and Tiddler
-Gigantasaurus
-All the Dr Seuss but especially Oh the Places You'll Go
-The Owl and the Pussy Cat
-Shall we do THAT again
-Shark in the Park
-Alpaca rabbit
-Bear snores on (and for Christmas, "Bear stays up for Christmas" in the same series)

I second anything my Julia Donaldson.
Also last year we got similar to dear zoo, dear santa
The little one might like that

Thank you all so much!
Will have a nosy around online now at the books mentioned and get a few for both kiddies :D

very hungry caterpillar
were going on a bear hunt
dear zoo
julia donaldson books
barry the fish with fingers (theres others in this series too)
figety fish
giraffes don't dance
tiger who came for tea

all ones my kids enjoy

I agree with others about julia donaldson - room.on the broom and the gruffalo are a must. DS also loves barry the fish with fingers, albies dinosaur adventure and any superhero or fireman sam books. For your 16month old the "thats not my..." range may be a good one

Aside from what the others have mentioned the Baby Lit series is great in my opinion Beatrix Potter books and Goodnight Moon are staples in this house too.

Thank all!

Where would you day is the best place to get a few julia donaldson and 'thats not my..' books from?

Thank all!

Where would you day is the best place to get a few julia donaldson and 'thats not my..' books from?

thebookpeople.co.uk are very cheap! I am sure you can get a Julia Donaldson collection too for £10 or something ridiculous! (10 books I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->