Top Shop Maternity Jeans - Anyone got some?

Meels-Spot

Reaction score
As none of the Topshops near me do any of their maternity range :roll: I am thinking of ordering some online but then there is the sizing issue. I know I should buy the size I was before I was pregnant but when it comes to jeans they are a law unto themselves in sizing aren't they?! I am (was) about a size 10, but for instance in Diesel jeans I am sometimes an 11 or 12 and Oasis jeans in a 10 can be too roomy! I currently have some Red Herring maternity jeans in a 10 and they are quite roomy too, but then they are a stretch denim. Just wondered if any of you ladies had the Skinny fit 'Baxter' jeans, and if so how you found the size of them - about normal, or did you feel they were bigger or smaller than the size stated?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

hiya

I tried the maternity jeans on in topshop and they were a nightmare for me personally. They really didn't fit at all well. I got mine from new look, they're better fitting and cheaper! Dorothy perkins have some good stuff too. In them two shops i'm just my normal size, some of my pants have an elasticated waist and my jeans have elasticated buttons on the side to extend the size. Hope that helps!

hey hun.i see you live in oxford.so do i.I bought my jeans on ebay.topshop were a good fit for me but i have hips.I love Dorothy Perkins.I can quite happily live in my pre preggy size (12) do you drive? banbury have a pumpkin patch which is fab.OOO mother care to their range is brill x

hey hun.i see you live in oxford.so do i.I bought my jeans on ebay.topshop were a good fit for me but i have hips.I love Dorothy Perkins.I can quite happily live in my pre preggy size (12) do you drive? banbury have a pumpkin patch which is fab.OOO mother care to their range is brill x

Hello! Well actually I live near Banbury, but I'm from Oxford! The thing I am finding is that everywhere like Next, Dorothy Perkins, Mothercare etc only seem to do maternity jeans in a bootcut style, I've got some bootcut ones already from Red Herring, but I really want some skinnies for tucking into boots, and Topshop seem to be the only people that do some! Maybe New Look do skinny ones too? My local New Look does not have maternity stuff though it's such a pain. :hissy:

Yeh i find topshop jeans hard to wear when im pregnant but dps are good as r next!

Hello! Well actually I live near Banbury, but I'm from Oxford! The thing I am finding is that everywhere like Next, Dorothy Perkins, Mothercare etc only seem to do maternity jeans in a bootcut style, I've got some bootcut ones already from Red Herring, but I really want some skinnies for tucking into boots, and Topshop seem to be the only people that do some! Maybe New Look do skinny ones too? My local New Look does not have maternity stuff though it's such a pain. :hissy:

i was lookin 4 skinny fit ones but new look didn't have any. Then again they'll have been gettin their winter range in now so perhaps your luck is in! They have some lovely tops.

Thats because not all of us aren't as lucky to fit in skinny jeans! :cry: Bootcut are for the more popular as they cover a multitude of sins.look online you'll be surprised at what sites there are.Good luck !

P.S Reading is fab for maternity shopping!H & M ,mamas and papas and New look.

i have topshop maternity jeans, i find them really comfy and i love them! i usually have a nightmare with jeans as none fit.

i have the mooch boyfriend jeans they are very slimming and comfy on the belly. i am usually a 14 or 16 but these are a 12 and fit fine (well at the moment they do)

H&M do them in the town where I live....so does our New Look...

xx

have you tried reading ? h & m have maternity there, topshop dont tho ,
i live nr oxford too and the maternity stuff there is crap, gota say reading is a little better , only other thing is to order a few online at topshop and send the ones back that dont fit.
good luck xxx

I went and had a look at the topshop ones at the weekend. The baxter ones only have small elasticated panels at the side they didnt look too comfy. As for the sizing I would definitely go for the size you normally are. Or maybe get the size u are and the next one up and u can either send the ones back that dont fit or take them back to the shop. Doesnt matter that they dont stock them.

I have an update on the topshop jeans issue.......I went on a bit of a trek to the Bullring today and they had the baxter jeans in stock, and they fitted! They are very skinny on the leg mind you! I thought the rest of their maternity range bar the jeans was pretty poor considering the size of the store. Also went to H&M and their maternity range was pretty rubbish too, mostly frumpy stuff that you wouldn't dream of wearing if you weren't pregnant - so why would you want to now???!! Why do they do that?!! But I did get a nice basic slim-fitting v-neck jumper from their maternity range for £14.99, and a 2 pack of 60 denier maternity leggings for £5.99, so that was ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->