Topsy turvy 5 month sleep pattern

tuppance

Reaction score
My LO seems to have gone on a bedtime routine strike and isn't going down until 12 (he used to go between 6 and 7) :shrug: Haven't got a clue why, he's just started looking at his 7 o'clock sleep as a nap and waking up for play after that. I've tried getting him up earlier, putting him to bed later but nothing!

Anyone else had the same as this? Or have any ideas how to combat it?
:flower:

Mine started to do the same thing at that age... He was sleeping 7.30-7.30 ish every night (and had done since about 8 weeks old) then one night decided he didn't want to do that any more. Now some nights he'll go down at 7.30pm, wake up by 9pm then want to play for an hour before going back to bed, other nights he won't even go down until 9pm, sometimes once we get to midnight he'll then sleep through until 7am, other nights he'll be up 2 or 3 times for a quick feed before going back to bed....

I never know when he goes to bed what sort of night we are going to have as there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern. It doesn't seem to make any difference what naps he's had during the day or what times.

Not alot of help to you and probably not what you wanted to hear (that he's still doing it 4 weeks later) but i hope it doesn't last much longer for both of us!!

That's exactly the same thing my LO does! Thanks for your reply; it's good to know it's not just my LOs sleep pattern that's gone a bit mental! I guess I will just wait it out until it goes back to normal, and put it down to another phase he's going through (again!)

Hope it gets better for you soon (if not I highly recommend all that is caffinated!)

Lola went down fine at 7pm last night and woke at 11pm and would not go back to sleep until 2am :cry: I'm knackerd as she then woke at 3 and 4 and then up properly at 6.15.I hope that's not here to stay xx

Thank god it's not just mine!

She used to go to bed at 7 but now it's between 9 and 11, and wakes twice in the night to play or moan after STTN 7-7!

Maybe it's teething related? Daisy has a tooth peeking out and it's been happening since it started?!

Argh! I think we must have over excited LOs!

Hope you all get a goodnight sleep tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->