• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tories plans to scrap child benefit for 3rd child-do u agree?

I genuinely don't know who I will vote for. Im not convinced by Labour, and wouldn't vote for Lib Dems ever. Tbh I hate the voting system as it is and the area I am in currently is extremely conservative so even if I did opt to vote differently it wouldn't make a flying bit of difference so don't know why I'm worrying! (But I will still vote, it's important).

I was all for it until I read freckleonear's point and now, I don't agree with stopping it.

I wish they would start taking money away for each child here. If you need government benefits then you shouldn't be adding to your family until you can support yourself.

I genuinely don't know who I will vote for. Im not convinced by Labour, and wouldn't vote for Lib Dems ever. Tbh I hate the voting system as it is and the area I am in currently is extremely conservative so even if I did opt to vote differently it wouldn't make a flying bit of difference so don't know why I'm worrying! (But I will still vote, it's important).
Fair enough! Tbh I couldn't vote for Tories, I couldn't vote for David Cameron and I couldn't do it the first time round, I just didn't trust him! A lot of what ed miliband says IMO makes sense. I don't think he will win an election tho.. But I'm happy to give him my vote. I also agree with the voting stance, I sometimes think we should have a 2 party voting system. Never really thought too much into tho.. :)

I wish they would start taking money away for each child here. If you need government benefits then you shouldn't be adding to your family until you can support yourself.

Theres a lot of things that can happen though, like redundancy.

I read this earlier and it really angered me. I was also really angry by all the comments on the dm news site that supported it, they were all like 'About time!! do it now!' etc. etc.

I can understand not wanting to encourage unemployed parents to keep having children, but why do families on low incomes (under 30k per year) lose out on child benefit and tax credits for a 3rd child? That's so unfair. So people who are hard-working teachers, nurses, paramedics, mechanics etc. who earn under that but work really hard and pay all their taxes are just treated the same as unemployed people and forced to live under the poverty line if they want more than 2 children. makes me sad :(

Me and my husband aren't entitled to any tax credits at all yet struggle financially and are hovering on the poverty line. DH works six days a week and I would work permanently to up our income but I can't because childcare costs would cancel it out and there's little help from the government with that as well.

So really people don't have any choice. Once you have your children most people can't have both parents at work because childcare doesn't make it worth it.. so if the main earner is on under 30K, despite the fact you're working hard and paying taxes you're going to be left with no choice but to only have 2 children :(

yes but these cuts are affecting families who earn less than 30K, some people work really hard in professions (such as NHS workers etc) that earn less than this, and wouldn't be able to have a family and live out of poverty without help from the government. having children shouldn't be a luxury exclusive to those who are very high earners.

I'm mixed.

One I do think that everyone needs to be responsible for themselves and rebirth families, those on no benefits at all have to decide how many kids they can afford, whereas I know plenty who are on all the benefits going who don't even have to think about it, another child equals more money.

I do think there should be a cap at some point, those on no benefits have to stretch their means if they want another child. Those on benefits should be the same.

However. I'm pissed personally as this is the only benefit we claim, apparently we earn too much for any other help, which I find shocking as wet certainly don't get £500 a week as the cap recently put in place states. So why should I lose out on the one thing we do claim, we rely on that money.

also how would this work, I had my first born, who I get the full whatever it is £20 for? And then twins? Who I get £13? I think, so one of my twins would go without? What none sense.

Anyway, I do think their needs to be caps, I do think people should be responsible and I do think should be able to keep having kids and their benefits rise for everyone. But what about those of us who already receive? Seems unfair to take away when as a country things are already dire.

If the introduce it it should be given a further date at least a year away and apply to those having future kids. So if you have thee now you will continue to receive but lose out if you have a 4th further down the line. I think at least people can plan and know what there isn't more money, but to take away from those who and already seems crazy. I can see them axing the whole child benefit thing soon, all the high earners have already lost it and now limiting for how many kids. Sucks.

I'm mixed.

One I do think that everyone needs to be responsible for themselves and rebirth families, those on no benefits at all have to decide how many kids they can afford, whereas I know plenty who are on all the benefits going who don't even have to think about it, another child equals more money.

I do think there should be a cap at some point, those on no benefits have to stretch their means if they want another child. Those on benefits should be the same.

However. I'm pissed personally as this is the only benefit we claim, apparently we earn too much for any other help, which I find shocking as wet certainly don't get £500 a week as the cap recently put in place states. So why should I lose out on the one thing we do claim, we rely on that money.

also how would this work, I had my first born, who I get the full whatever it is £20 for? And then twins? Who I get £13? I think, so one of my twins would go without? What none sense.

Anyway, I do think their needs to be caps, I do think people should be responsible and I do think should be able to keep having kids and their benefits rise for everyone. But what about those of us who already receive? Seems unfair to take away when as a country things are already dire.

If the introduce it it should be given a further date at least a year away and apply to those having future kids. So if you have thee now you will continue to receive but lose out if you have a 4th further down the line. I think at least people can plan and know what there isn't more money, but to take away from those who and already seems crazy. I can see them axing the whole child benefit thing soon, all the high earners have already lost it and now limiting for how many kids. Sucks.

It wouldn't affect you because you had your children before 2015, but that is a really interesting quandary with having twins!

Have people read the DM comments? It actually depresses me to think I reside in a country with these people as the voters :nope:

It wont effect those who currently claim for 3+ children.

I agree with it and have thought that is needed to be done for years.

Its shocking that there are children in the UK who are living in poverty but honestly there are some parents who you could chuck money at and their children would still go without. What is the answer to that?

Those on a higher income need to accommodate children into their budget (whether planned or not) so why should those on lower incomes get what is effective a pay rise for more children?

I think it's a brilliant idea, then they can use the money they save on child benefit to, say, create enough 40 hour contracts for everyone, so those of us struggling by on part time hours shouldn't have to view a measly £20 (which doesn't even cover the basic costs of a child I might add) as an utter godsend!

For child 3 it's only £13 something isn't it?

Don't be fooled into thinking this will help the country, the people or anything other than the bloody government

The problem is the way things have been run for so long means our benefit system is a lifestyle choice for many, it's shouldn't be, but it is, and that is going to be a tough one to break. Sadly as usual the wrong people will be hit.

I thought everyone with a child got child benefit,not just people on benefits?

I certainly didnt have my 3rd child for the £9 a week! They cost a lot more than that!

Also I agree with Kala.The amount of kids you see around here with no clothes on their back or food in their tummies but the parents afford cigarettes,alcohol,drugs and the bookies.Some children are in poverty simply because they aren't their parents priority. Its so sad.

If you need government benefits then you shouldn't be adding to your family until you can support yourself.

The article is talking about taking away benefits from those earning under £30k per year. The problem is, 90% of the UK population earn under £28k per year. Why should only the elite 10% get to decide how many children they have?

I think I agree with it. I don't know I think maybe for people who don't work and haven't for a long time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->