Tories plans to scrap child benefit for 3rd child-do u agree?

A possible baby boom in 2014???

Would people really plan their family around £9 a week though? (I think that's how much someone said it was) very much doubt many would, not enough to cause a boom. We may consider a third and it would be around 2015 and child benefit is important to us as it helps with childcare costs, however, I don't think for the sake of £9 a week it would change how I would do things even if to bring TTC closer. If it included benefits such as tax credits perhaps it would have more of an effect.

I honestly dont think they could offer me enough money to make me have another child if I didnt want one.Kids are hard,hard work and after the day my 3 have had today a million pound wouldnt have me rushing for another lol!

I thought it was £13 a week after a first child? So 676 a year. Didn't someone say that tax credits were included too?X

Would people really plan their family around £9 a week though? (I think that's how much someone said it was) very much doubt many would, not enough to cause a boom. We may consider a third and it would be around 2015 and child benefit is important to us as it helps with childcare costs, however, I don't think for the sake of £9 a week it would change how I would do things even if to bring TTC closer. If it included benefits such as tax credits perhaps it would have more of an effect.

According to the figures in the article, the cuts would include child tax credit and families earning under £30k would lose a total of £285 per month.

I don't know sorry I only have the one so don't know the rates only know second is less, still for the sake of £50 a month I find it hard to believe many people would make a drastic decision except perhaps bringing their TTC dates slightly forward so maybe a slight increase, I can't imagine that amount of money would be a decider between having a third or not? Not sure about tax credits, I do think if that was included it would be slightly different because that can be a lot more money.

According to the figures in the article, the cuts would include child tax credit and families earning under £30k would lose a total of £285 per month.

Ah thank you I didn't see that bit, then yes I imagine that could have more of a profound effect than the CB alone. I don't know if I am being daft but why target families earning LESS than £30,000...aren't benefit cuts normally aimed at those who earn over a certain amount, it's obviously gone over my head somehow!

I thought my cb was around £9 for my third child,could be wrong though.

Didnt know it included tax credits too.Dont working people get tax credits though? Why do the people who dont work get to choose a big family but working people are limited.

Oh I don't know....
Just googled and it's 20.30 first or only and then 13.40 for additional x

Ah thank you I didn't see that bit, then yes I imagine that could have more of a profound effect than the CB alone. I don't know if I am being daft but why target families earning LESS than £30,000...aren't benefit cuts normally aimed at those who earn over a certain amount, it's obviously gone over my head somehow!

Because £30,000 is the cut-off point for claiming child tax credits anyway.

We earn more than that and still get them? Well childcare ones as I said in the previous post, I don't understand the difference between working tax child tax credits etc.

If you need government benefits then you shouldn't be adding to your family until you can support yourself.

The article is talking about taking away benefits from those earning under £30k per year. The problem is, 90% of the UK population earn under £28k per year. Why should only the elite 10% get to decide how many children they have?

Wow. How can anyone (who's not part of the elite, anyway) think that this is right?!

We earn more than that and still get them? Well childcare ones as I said in the previous post, I don't understand the difference between working tax child tax credits etc.

The childcare element is actually part of working tax credits, not child tax credits. Confusing I know!

Oh ok,I wasnt sure.So if people get Jsa or income support or whatever its called now will they get tax credits? Thats what I mean.If they take only off tax creds not benefits for people who dont work,then its only going to affect working people.
I already know lots of people who choose not to work because they are better off.

Oh ok,I wasnt sure.So if people get Jsa or income support or whatever its called now will they get tax credits? Thats what I mean.If they take only off tax creds not benefits for people who dont work,then its only going to affect working people.
I already know lots of people who choose not to work because they are better off.

Yeah people on benefits get tax credits. Well child tax credits not 100% on the working one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->