Tories plans to scrap child benefit for 3rd child-do u agree?

anyone with a child gets child tax credits.

No tax credits are means tested, we are only entitled to the childcare element, if I didn't pay registered child care we wouldn't get any.

We don't get any tax credits. We pay just under £500 per month in childcare fees too. It's like a second mortgage.
We can't afford to have another child, and we won't be doing.
Xx

anyone with a child gets child tax credits.

No tax credits are means tested, we are only entitled to the childcare element, if I didn't pay registered child care we wouldn't get any.

We don't get any tax credits. We pay just under £500 per month in childcare fees too. It's like a second mortgage.
We can't afford to have another child, and we won't be doing.
Xx

Child care is extortionate, I will be paying £1300 for both kids next year for only 4 days a week and one getting 15 free hours! I work part time though so I think that helps as it obviously makes our income lower but I work 24 hours, I study part time I'm not trying to play the system just to add but the ironic thing is if I was full time I don't think we would get anything.

We get tax credits and child benefit and scrape by. OH works 40 hours a week. We pay 100 a month for his travel. The thing i'm struggling here with is, Cameron wants to privitise the NHS, he wants to cut child benefit and tax, hes forcing so much target meeting on schools they are failing, the requirements for having my bin collected are growing, my roads are full of holes, my postoffice has been sold off, my gas company is getting away with overcharging, the big corporations on my highstreet are avoiding tax and killing small business, my fire service doesn't earn enough and neither does my army. Benefits are being capped and cut. everywhere i look families are struggling, shops are closing and redundancy is rife. Meanwhile my priminister and his MPs are pushing through an 11 percent payrise. So tell me, why are we bothering to pay tax? Because right now i don't know. It seems like my Government is using my taxes to support one group of people - themselves and their friends.

Sorry, bit of a rant.

CTC doesnt just cut off at 30k doesnt it? I just did the entitled too calculator for over that and it came back with a figure :wacko:

CTC doesnt just cut off at 30k doesnt it? I just did the entitled too calculator for over that and it came back with a figure :wacko:

When I've done it I've either been entitled to about £300 a year or nothing, hubby's wages change dramatically so even the good times it's "allowed" us £300 the hassle of claiming and then having to pay back is too much for so little. Most times it says we are not entitled.

I think the cut off is either £32 or £34 k

I think the cut off is £26,000 for one child, and I thought 2 was £32,000 something but as I say I get confused between the working and child tax credits, I don't think we're entitled to child tax credits. I just tell them what we earn, what we pay in child care and pray when we do our renewal they haven't over paid us!!!!

I have no idea what universal credit is.....I keep hearing it but no idea if it'll be a good or bad thing for us, how do we find out?

I think the cut off is £26,000 for one child, and I thought 2 was £32,000 something but as I say I get confused between the working and child tax credits, I don't think we're entitled to child tax credits. I just tell them what we earn, what we pay in child care and pray when we do our renewal they haven't over paid us!!!!

Even putting 33k brings back a figure :wacko:

I have no idea what universal credit is.....I keep hearing it but no idea if it'll be a good or bad thing for us, how do we find out?

If you go through the calculator at the end it has a tab for compare universal

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

I think it's twenty five before tax (whether you are single or a couple and whether that's from one or both working) for one child. Me and DH had a combined income of twenty five before tax from him being fulltime with overtime and me working evenings and weekends, and do not qualify for any credit, however we would get a little something if we had another child I think. Xxx

I genuinely don't know who I will vote for. Im not convinced by Labour, and wouldn't vote for Lib Dems ever. Tbh I hate the voting system as it is and the area I am in currently is extremely conservative so even if I did opt to vote differently it wouldn't make a flying bit of difference so don't know why I'm worrying! (But I will still vote, it's important).

I think that it absolutely does though! Political parties see how many votes they get within their constituency, and even if it only goes up from 5 voters to 25 it's a big thing, and it can mean more effort put in to campaigning in that area and it can slowly change. But I know what you mean!

Ah thank you I didn't see that bit, then yes I imagine that could have more of a profound effect than the CB alone. I don't know if I am being daft but why target families earning LESS than £30,000...aren't benefit cuts normally aimed at those who earn over a certain amount, it's obviously gone over my head somehow!

Because £30,000 is the cut-off point for claiming child tax credits anyway.
Lol confused so if you earn £30,00 you don't get cht? I think it has it's good and bad points but like the about why would they target people on below £30,00 as I thought they cut off for people who earn more.

I really don't agree with it, there is just no justification for it apart from using it to stigmatise families even further. The amount saved from this will not have an effect on our economy but for the families that will be affected then it could spell disaster. It just shows the contempt of modern society, all you hear is "some people in the minority are having kids for benefits" how unfounded is that? do people not realise the prejudice in that statement?

No i dont think its right. Families AGAIN taking the brunt of the cuts.
Why cant people see that its a case of protecting the rich in society and to hell with those that work hard or are perhaps on benefits. Lets not forget, it is the minority that abuse the system. Their plan is a neat trick. Make the 'minions' argue with themselves while they [ the rich] get away with it. They give themselves a pay rise under the ruse of ' oh its not us requesting it!'and everyone else is left making ends meet. What next! It really sickens me. We are all in it together...what a joke.

We have 3 kids and oh earns around 38 k a year and we get tax credits. However once childcare vouchers, pension etc is taken out it drops us below 36k which is cut off for 3 kids I think. Paying for childcare vouchers means we get some back in tax credits. At the moment I am sahm but the way its worked out means we would be no better off if ds stayed home. He currently does 2 days a week at nursery....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->