Torn on having third baby

sunshine2014

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have two children (3 and 1), and I've also had 3 miscarriages. I'm thinking about having a third, but I'm genuinely torn. I do not necessarily feel like our family is complete. I love the joy our babies bring us, and wouldn't change anything for the world. HOWEVER, I have HG during pregnancy, and I also get postpartum depression. I basically am a monster from 5 weeks pregnant until the baby is a year. Sleep deprivation is my biggest struggle after the baby is born. I realize this is everyone's struggle, but it really, really, really affects my mental state. SO, those are my cons....but, I can also see the bigger picture and the fact that a bigger family is what I see for us in the future.

Another hitch is that I plan to homeschool my two children, my oldest would be set to start while the baby is still young which may make it difficult.

Just looking for honest opinions about how your decisions were made to have or not have a third baby.

I was torn too. After my second I was a definite no more told my partner time for his snip and everything. But my 2nd is 2.5 years old I’ve been having a battle in my head since he turned 2 as to whether or not I would like another and obviously to bring it up with the other half. Luckily he hadn’t booked himself in for the snip. My first pregnancy was awful. I had severe morning sickness, severe case of spd. Mirgraines, leg cramps! Also I had a lot of panic attacks. 2nd I wasn’t sick that much but I would feel like i was going to be. again with mirgraines and leg cramps. No spd this time. Both labours were 5 days long too. I’ve come to conclusion that This thought of another hasn’t left me for a good few months so it must mean we should go for it.... so that’s where we are at trying for bub#3

So my advice is give yourself time and if you still have that thought of another baby then maybe it’s meant to be :)

Hello when my second was about 1 I suffered a miscarriage and was adamant I didn’t want another as I got an infection and was very ill. I made my hubby had a vesectomy but now 4 years after the miscarriage I am desperate for another. My health is good as I have m.e and Fibromyalgia so I go back and forth my heart wants one but my brains says what if I get worse. My hubby didn’t want another but has finally come around to the idea and will have a reversal if we go ahead but like you I can’t make a final decision but the thought of not having anymore deeply saddens me. Good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->