Tortillas - recipe anyone???

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

I wonder if someone can help.

I am looking for a recipe for tortillas, but all the recipes I find are in cups, rather than ounces or grammes. I can't do cups!!!!!

Does anyone have a recipe I can use or a website I can get it from please?????

We can't buy them here in BG so wanted to make chicken fajitas tomorrow. yummy

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/cooking

would something like that help?

Honestly for fajitas all I do is cook the meat with some onions and peppers in a bit of olive oil. Flavor it with a fajita seasoning (which I'm not sure you can get there) and some garlic powder. I like to fry the tortillas lightly on both sides with butter. And I grate whatever cheese we happen to have on hand for a topping

hi,
for fajitas, if you don't have the fajita sauce, you can always marinate the chicken ahead.

Marinate the chicken in a mix of: paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, cummin, lime juice, oregano (if you like it), ans salt and pepper. Leave for a while in the fridge (if you have time of course). Then just fry it and add the roughly chopped onion and sweet peppers.

Can garnish with some guacamole (mash avocado with chopped coriander, lime juice, and chopped fresh chilli -to taste-), sour cream or creme fraiche.

Make the fajitas with warmed up tortillas. Or in another way you prefer them.

Other things you can do with tortillas are 'quesadillas' (keh-sa-deeyas). Super easy, only shred some cheese (cheddar, or any other cheese that melts nicely), put the cheese inside of the tortilla, fold it to close it, and put it on a heated up dry-pan, and turn it around until the cheese melts or the tortilla goldens (if you like it with a bit of colour). You can add also cooked ham in addition to the cheese. I also add sliced sweet pepper sometimes. And garnish with a chilli sauce if you like some.

Hope you enjoy this!

:hug:

Hi.

Thanks for your help.

It's actually a recipe for the tortillas themselves rather than the fajitas, but I am now getting a lovely collection of fajitas recipes too, thanks girls.

I ahve not found the flour tortillas anywhere in Bulgaria, still a few larger supermarkets to try, but don't hold out much hope.

I tried another recipe for tortillas and it was a disaster. The mixture was crumbly and when rolled out, they were really thick. Horrible!

hi charlie07, sorry for the confusion. Here goes my wheat tortillas recipe. It's from a bread making book. I've used this recipe and it worked well, the tortillas were very elastic, and tasty.

• 225g/8oz unbleached plain flour
  • 5 ml/1 tsp salt
  • 4ml/3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 40 g/1 1/2 oz lard or vegetable fat ( i think that i used butter/oil for this)
  • ml/ 1/4 pint warm water

Mix the flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl. Rub in the fat,, stir in the water and knight lightly to a soft dough. cover and leave to rest for 15 mins. Divide into 12 equal balls (or less if you want them bigger). Roll out on a lightly floured surface to the size you may want them (i.e. 15-18 cm). Then just cook them for about 1 1/2 - 2 mins on the heated pan. Turn them over when the surface starts to bubble/inflate. Keep them in a container wraped with a tea towel.

hope they work well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->