Tortoise/Turtle Owners?!!

Gwizz

Boys Rule!
Reaction score
Anyone have pet Tortoises/Turtles or perhaps other Chelonia?

I have a 5 1/2 year old Russian Horsefield called Yoda who is currently sunning himself in the garden.

My Boy .....

Attachments

• 27072008462.jpg
    27072008462.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1023b.jpg
    IMG_1023b.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 5
I used to have a Greek tortoise called Michelle! She was so cute...came home one day to find my horrible horrible housemate had sold her to pay off some of his debts :cry:

Will post a pic of her later!

I really want another but my DF says we have to wait until the kittens get a bit older and less giddy.

we have a spur-thigh tortoise, called George. We got her (!) as a hatchling, hence the name George could be for a boy or a girl....she is now almost 9!

I dont have any but I saw they were selling some in a pet shop by me for £300.. they are so tiny, I would love one but its a bit steep
xxxx

yeah unfortunatly I think theres a surge in popularity and so 'pet shops' are taking advantage :( alot of them are wild caught though and I think mine is also - thankfully he now has a better life than stuck in a glass box :)

buffycat - i know what your saying , we called ours yoda not knowing if it was a he/she ... at the time of purchase we were told he was a year old, where in fact he was nearly 4! (and full of worms :s )

lola84 - thats so nasty :( I wouldnt know what to do if someone did that to a pet I owned, probably move out!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->