Tot M(o/u)ms Buddy Group

Jackson used to hit too. We just started saying "not nice" and would put him down or move away from him. It didn't take him long to figure it out. He doesn't hit anymore and now we use "not nice" for many things that he shouldn't do as he understands what it means. He can say "not nice" too and will repeat me. If he's doing something nice like petting the dog nicely he'll look at me and say "nice." He'll also use nice for things he likes, like we went to a store and he saw the costume jewelry (really sparkly) and he says "nice!"

No potty training yet...he's most definitely not interested in it yet.

Tried out our cloth diapers over the weekend and failed. He got a terrible rash and we had to switch back to disposables. I'm going to try fleece liners and see how we do.

Jackson used to hit too. We just started saying "not nice" and would put him down or move away from him. It didn't take him long to figure it out. He doesn't hit anymore and now we use "not nice" for many things that he shouldn't do as he understands what it means. He can say "not nice" too and will repeat me. If he's doing something nice like petting the dog nicely he'll look at me and say "nice." He'll also use nice for things he likes, like we went to a store and he saw the costume jewelry (really sparkly) and he says "nice!"

No potty training yet...he's most definitely not interested in it yet.

Tried out our cloth diapers over the weekend and failed. He got a terrible rash and we had to switch back to disposables. I'm going to try fleece liners and see how we do.

Yeah, I have done that with Drake too, told him no and moved him away and ignored him. Seems to work a bit, but I think the shock tactic worked better?
Yeah Drake's not ready yet either I don't think. Have you bought a potty yet? Like to just put in the room so he can choose to sit on it if he wants or anything?
Aww such a shame about the cloth nappies! Hopefully the fleece liners will work better for you! xx

You know, OH mentioned today we should get him a potty just to get him used to it. We'll see. I'd rather get him a potty seat (the one you put on the big toilet) than a potty chair. It grosses me out to empty that thing even though I have no problems touching his pee-soaked and pooped on cloth diapers! LoL!!

You know, OH mentioned today we should get him a potty just to get him used to it. We'll see. I'd rather get him a potty seat (the one you put on the big toilet) than a potty chair. It grosses me out to empty that thing even though I have no problems touching his pee-soaked and pooped on cloth diapers! LoL!!

Haha! I know what you mean. I don't think it would really bother me that much though tbh. You can always wash your hands if anything gets on them like you would with a nappy lol. But I was thinking the other day.....how much can they hold??? :rofl:

Hi everyone! :flower:

I've had a potty in the living room for a while now - LO asks to use it whenever I change her nappy. Although 99% of the time she just sits there and doesn't do anything. :dohh:

We have had 2 wees and 1 poo but that's about it.

She does get to sit on the toilet every night just before her bath. She tries to poo but we've so far had one wee - she then most of the time goes on to wee in her bath! :dohh:

I've not come across hitting really yet - we are in a "lets eat everything" stage! I'm quite sure she swallowed a penny yesterday and everything is in her mouth - I feel like I need eyes in the back of my head! :nope:

Thanks for your input! :D Much appreciated!
Thing is I don't want to start too soon as I've read that it can hinder the process and drag it out longer. I don't know what to do with it. Has your LO given you any, "I'm ready to use the big toilet" signs yet? If so what were they?
He's not smacking hard really, but this morning he did it again and he repeats it straight after each other and so I waited (because I didn't know how to react straight away and was weighing my options) for him to do it a couple more times and then I screamed like he had really hurt me and covered my face (I later started to really cry, it was all really dramatic!). He went dead silent and then all of a sudden he just burst into tears! I said to him that it was naughty to smack and that he shouldn't smack people and not to smack Mummy because it hurts. I then asked him for an apology and gave him a cuddle because thats what we do when we've apologised. He didn't try it again all day. I think this is definitely the way we are going to handle it, hopefully it wasn't just a fluke. What do you ladies think?

When I go to the toilet with her in the bathroom she points and says "mummy wee wee" :haha:
She also taps on the toilet lid and says "got tot!" (she means toilet!) :dohh::haha: Still nothing to report when sitting on the actual toilet - I think she just likes the using toilet roll and flushing :dohh:

LoL! I'm going to get Jax a potty next week I think...just to start getting him used to the idea.

@Lownthwaite, thats so cute! Yeah my Drake was in the toilet with me the other day and today actually too, and was watching me and was really quite intrigued! Haha! So think we might be getting a little bit closer....???
@TysonNMe, what do you think to the above too??
What do you ladies think? Do you think I should by a little potty for him and explain to him what its about? Keep it in the toilet upstairs or in the living room downstairs where we are most of the time when we are in the house? Again I don't want to push it too much if he's not ready and hinder the process! Its just all a bit much when he seems to be in this "in-between" stage with everything! :shrug:

@Lownthwaite, thats so cute! Yeah my Drake was in the toilet with me the other day and today actually too, and was watching me and was really quite intrigued! Haha! So think we might be getting a little bit closer....???
@TysonNMe, what do you think to the above too??
What do you ladies think? Do you think I should by a little potty for him and explain to him what its about? Keep it in the toilet upstairs or in the living room downstairs where we are most of the time when we are in the house? Again I don't want to push it too much if he's not ready and hinder the process! Its just all a bit much when he seems to be in this "in-between" stage with everything! :shrug:

I would get one for the living room. That's where ours is.
She actually went and sat on it of her own accord yesterday - fully clothed but I didn't say anything - like you say, I don't want to force the issue so I'm hoping she'll just come round to it on her own :thumbup:

It can't hurt to have it around. I'm going to get one and just sit him on it like maybe after meals or something. I actually put him on the adult pot the other day and he was so cute. He just kind of looked around and sat there for a minute and then said okay and that was that.

How are we doing girls? Whoa been over a month and a half since we spoke! Nothing exciting over here. Jackson started his swimming lessons and we're just getting ready for the heat of the summer. OH's older son will be coming for the summer in a few weeks also. He hasn't seen Jackson since last year and now he's walking and talking and all that so it should be fun!

LO has been I'll for almost a week now. She's had high temperatures and is on antibiotics for a throat & ear infection bless her. :cry:

We've had SS since Friday and had our twin nephews today to so took the 4 of them to feed the ducks in the sun which was nice.

.......until DH exclaimed that he could get used to having 4 kids!!!??!?! :shock::shock::shock::shock:

LoL! I hope LO feels better soon! My OH is on the other side of the fence. He stayed home with Jackson today and he's saying he definitely does not want more kids!

She seems a little better. :thumbup:

Are you wanting more LO's?

I wanted one more, but I go back and forth now. Some days I want one and some days I have no desire whatsoever.

Hey ladies! Can I join? :D

My name is Kala and I am 23 yrs old. I have a 2 yr old named Joseph and a nearly 20 month old named Madelyn. :wave:

Hopefully I am welcome. And hi to TysonNMe :wave: we were pregnant together and our babies have the same birthday :D:D They should be birthday buddies :haha:

Yep, I remember you Kala! we were in the same due date club. They seem to have quieted down now after everyone had their babies LoL! How have you been? How's life with two toddlers?

Life with two toddlers is pure craziness tbh. Some days are amazing, and I my heart is so full of love that I think it could burst. Other days I start to wonder if I am adequate enough as a mother to be raising two children. Lol.

I am trying to start potty training, but Joseph wants nothing to do with it. I don't want to rush him so keep putting it off. He still has wet diapers after naps and after waking up in the morning so I feel he really is not ready and doesn't have bladder control - or at least not that great of it.

I hate how all the threads I posted in when pregnant have died. Sometimes I really need to talk, lol.

Yeah, this one is pretty quiet tbh too. The mixed baby thread kinda died after Dreamy left, but I think she came back on with a different name. Our due date club kinda just died off after people started having their seconds and others were offended/jealous??

I have days like that too where some days DS runs me ragged and other days he is just so cute and smiley all day long. I thought something was wrong with my nephew when he refused to potty train, but a couple of weeks before his third birthday he just made the switch all on his own and never looked back. I bought a potty for DS but he just sits on it for like 10 seconds and gets up, but he is interested in it. He also doesn't have the bladder control yet as he is soaked after naps and nighttime. It might be in his genes though as OH and DSS (11 year old now) had bedwetting issues into adolescence. I read somewhere that some people's brains just don't make the hormone to wake them up to pee until much later than usual.

I have heard it is best to leave them as long as possible. Many people tell me their child wasn't ready for potty training until right before 3 yr or right after and at that time they pretty much trained themselves. :shrug:

I will wait it out until he is 3 and hope he shows more interest. After he is 3 we will start officially as I want him to go to preschool next year.

I've read a lot of great things about the three day method. Basically, you strip him for a long weekend and take him to the potty often. It sounds like a lot of hard work but if it works then it might be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->