Total Hysterectomy : (

Eoz

Mummy of 5! Eeek!
Reaction score
As some of you know I was having an op to remove Endometriosis and a cyst from my ovaries and also i was going to get sterilised at the same time.

Well the op was scheduled for march but after blood tests it was bought forward to this week.I went in weds for surgery on the day case ward with a possible over night stay.

Well I went in on Weds and was sent to theatre at 1pm.I remember seeing the clock saying it was 1:15pm then the next thing i know I'm coming round 4 hrs later.

I knew there and then something wasn't right and judging by the pain in my belly I knew I had major work done.

It wasn't untill the next day I found out just what had been done and I am still in shock.

When they opened me up they saw my uterus was enlarged about 1 and a half times the size it should be.I had 4 fibroids in there as well as adhesions and scar tissue.The uterus was stuck to my ovary with Endometriosis and there was Endo everywhere.So the surgeon decided enough was enough (this was my 4th operation.And my 2 in 18 months) And decided to do a total hysterectomy.I still have my ovaries but the uterus and cervix have gone :cry: As I'm only 31 they felt it best to leave my ovaries in to stop me going through the menopause but there is a concern the Endo could reoccur as could the cysts.If this does happen then they will remove the ovaries.

I am pleased deep down as I have lived in pain for years and had no life and yes I am luckier than some people and I have had 5 beautiful children.Even though that was tough conceiving them and I had horrid pregnancies.I hope this works i really do.

I came home late last night as my 2 year old wasn't coping well with out me home.This morning my OH laid my son in bed next to me and I cried my heart out.I just cant to grips that I won't have any more children.I know I have my family but it's still bloody hard to deal with.

I am on strict rest and cant hold Ashton for 2 weeks which is awful.But I hope this is it now.I finally can be a healthy happy mummy again xx

:hugs: To everyone who sent me a message thank you xxx

And a huge :kiss: to Toyah for my card and lovely choccies x

I know it must be very hard to get your head round never having any more babies but hopefully now you have had this op it means you won't need any more surgery and that you can be the happy and healthy mummy you deserve to be. Wishing you a very speedy recovery phsyically and emotionally xxx

I think no matter how many Babies someone has if they have the chance of any more taken away then its going to be hard to accept..so don't feel bad about feeling down about it. You have just had major surgery, that you weren't even expecting! I hope this makes your life so much better and that you get cuddles off all your LO's really soon..xx

awww hun! what a shock that must have been!

at least now you can look forward to enjoying your kids and your oh without suffering in pain!!

:hugs: to you and the kids! hopefully this 2 weeks will fly past and you can hold ashton again.

(im a bit confused as to why they told you you cant hold him though coz its the same cut etc as a c section and the only difference is you had the uterus removes as opposed to a baby :shrug: my mum has had 2 hysterectomy's and ive had 2 sections so i know the pain!)

Hey hun it was done keyhole and vaginally.Ashton is huge baby and i cant lift him if i wanted to.But i've propped him on cushions and had a cuddle that way.Its all the same rules as a section ie no lifting toddlers and Spud is 21lbs already!

Hey hun it was done keyhole and vaginally.Ashton is huge baby and i cant lift him if i wanted to.But i've propped him on cushions and had a cuddle that way.Its all the same rules as a section ie no lifting toddlers and Spud is 21lbs already!

bloomin heck!!:shock: my 22 month old it only 27lbs!!! i used to get my mum to like my 2 year old onto my lap when he or i wanted a cuddle it was hard for the first couple weeks but you can make it work.

I'm so sorry hun xx I've not advice but I hope you recover well :hugs:

bloomin heck!!:shock: my 22 month old it only 27lbs!!! i used to get my mum to like my 2 year old onto my lap when he or i wanted a cuddle it was hard for the first couple weeks but you can make it work.

I know fat git :haha: My 2 year old is only 22lbs they wear the same nappys.I've found a way of cuddling them all but he is to wriggly to feed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->