Total mess after anatomy scan...increased nuchal fold and echogenic bowel?

lovenoel

Reaction score
This morning we had our anatomy scan (18w5d), and I was super nervous leading up to it. The sonographer was great, explained everything that she was looking at, although she told us up front that the doctor would have to discuss any findings in detail.

After the scan, the doctor came in and asked me to lay down again so she could take a look. She told me that the sonographer had found two things that were worrisome...a nuchal fold measurement above the threshold of 6mm (I believe it was 8mm or so) and a bright spot on the baby's bowel. She said that the echogenic bowel could be infection, cystic fibrosis, or a sign of down syndrome. The increased nuchal fold could also be a sign of a chromosomal abnormality like downs.

We did do first trimester screening at 12 weeks and were given odds of 1 in 1920 for down syndrome. We were content with those numbers. Now I'm a total mess. I had blood drawn for the MaterniTi21 test today and I don't know how I can make it through the 1-2 weeks for the results.

Has anyone had these results (or similar) at an anatomy scan? I am so terrified and just a total mess.

We did get confirmation that it is a boy.

:hugs:
Not been through this personally, but sending you hugs. Im having a worrisome pregnancy for other reasons, and I can relate to the stress.
Hopefully things will turn out to be just fine lovely

Hugs and Prayers!! We were slightly worried about Downs in out case even though I came back 1<10,000 because of other things. BUT if they send you for a Level II U/S it will slightly help because they look at facial features, cause in most downs case's they are miss the nasal bone. I know they say not to stress,( which is completely never going to happen) but try and focus on the fact that the rest of everything came back good. I know it's hard!! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

I wanted to update - we got our MaterniT21 results back yesterday, 6 calendar days after our blood draw, and the results were negative! We also got negative results from our blood work for infections. Both soft markers are normal variants. :)

I am SO relieved!

I wanted to update - we got our MaterniT21 results back yesterday, 6 calendar days after our blood draw, and the results were negative! We also got negative results from our blood work for infections. Both soft markers are normal variants. :)

I am SO relieved!

:flower:
So pleased honey!! Now you can enjoy your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->