Total WTF moment! (BCP related)

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by BamBam, Apr 14, 2009.

1. BamBam

BamBam New Member

Okay so basically I've just changed pills - from a monophasic to a triphasic.

Once I had finished my monophasic box I moved straight onto my triphasics as I would normally take the pill; ie start in the red section.

For some reason, it never occurred to me to check the pill insert til about 10 days into this cycle. Apparently I was meant to use a barrier method for atleast the first week. :dohh:

Now I'm paranoid. Super paranoid. I've been on this pill previously, I used it before TTC my two kids and I had NO symptoms. Not a thing, that's why I wanted to use it again. But now I have.. stuff happening...

Like my boobs are taking over my upper body, and they have some serious blue veins going on - think roadmap. And they ache sooo bad as well!

I dunno. Just a bit worried at this point, DH and I wanted to wait a few years before TTC#3.

Sorry to ramble on, just want to vent it out there without sounding like a total whackjob!

2. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

hhhhmmm i am not on the same pills as you so not going to be great help here.
    Do you know when AF would be due?
    Only think i could advise it to do a test maybe? x

3. BamBam

BamBam New Member

AF is due in a week. I was going to just hold out til then, however I was a POAS-a-holic when ttc my other bubs... could I handle the wait!? LOL.

Thanks for your reply :)

4. nadupoi

nadupoi Well-Known Member

If you were taking pills before you should be covered (I think) if you didn't skip anything. Even when first beginning any pill many people say you're covered from day 1. I wouldn't stress too much as it could make AF late and cause you to worry even more!

5. sleepinbeauty

sleepinbeauty WTT#1 after marriage

I hear ya! I just switched from one mono to another last month and (ask anyone) I've been PARANOID about it! (ok, still am)

Jsut try to hold out.. (I'm a POAS-a-holic too. I jsut blew through another triple pack to ease my mind.....but we're gonna do antoehr one in a week...you know...jsut to make sure hahaha)

6. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

I went from a mono to a tri last month and apart from a dodgy bleed mid cycle last week, all has been well. My doc said I would be ok without extra contraception x